Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The obsession with Sexting.

First off, let me say that I am not a huge fan of the term, sexting.  I think it's weird.  Since when do we have to have to have a special term for writing dirty messages?  But, it's not my term and it works to get the point across - right?  Answer me, please?!?  Yes, I know. 

As, lately I'm known to do lets define our new term.  I want to make sure everyone here is on the same level.  You never know there might be some people reading this who is unaware what sexting is.  According to Wikipedia, Sexting is the act of sending sexually explicit messages or photographs, primarily between mobile phones.  So, now that we have that out of the way, I can start my usual blabbering. 

For as long as sex has existed, my guess is that men have loved to talk about it.  As much as they love to have it, they love to talk about it and see pictures of it and thinking about it and dream about it and . . .  You get my drift.  So now, with the advent of the "smart phones" (which sometimes I question how smart they are) talking about sex doesn't even just have to take place when you are together - hell you can talk about it ALL the time, any time of the night, day, even in the middle of work and no one has to know.  And let me tell you, it's damn easy and maybe a little too easy.  We have the texting of phones, instant pictures if you have pictures on your cell phones if you chose to send dirty pictures (I would highly recommend you don't unless you want that shit shared with everyone), and add on top of all of that - email!  There isn't a time that a man can't reach a woman or a woman can't reach a man.

Now, I gotta say... women tend to write the texts, and emails full of emotions.  You know the type.  "I love you",  "I miss you", blah, blah.  The guys, they write the explicit ones, "I want to fuck you", "Suck me"  you know the deal.    It's just the typical men vs men emotional vs physical argument. 

Now...  lately, I've had the pleasure (or displeasure) of being a part of and having friends who have had first hand experience with the BAD side of sexting.  Yes, there is a bad side. 

Lets just say your man, lets call him "Dude" is very sexually attracted to you (good thing right!).  Now, Dude loves to sext you during the day, especially when you can't see each other for a couple of days (even in the best relationships you can't always see each other every day).  Sometimes, Dude likes you to play along and have a "sext session" where you tell each other what you want to do to each other.  Fun, right?  Yeah, fun for a couple of texts.  Then, Dude wants you to keep going, tell him exactly what you want to do to him, how what exactly you will touch and how.  Umm.  seriously?  He wants you tell him exactly and how?  Do you really have to text all that, and keep doing it?  And Dude wants to you do this over and over again, repeating it every day. 

Don't get me wrong, I love me some talking about sex (obviously!) but do we have to discuss exactly how I'm going to do it?  Let me just "show you" next time I see you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment