Monday, May 2, 2011

Men, take your manhood back with a Manthem!

First off, I apologize for being MIA.  I've been very busy and have not had much time to write on this blog. 

But here goes.  There are a lot of men out there that have taken this feelings thing too far.  Yes, we want a man in touch with his feminine side, but no one wants a girly man.  So guys, take back your manhood with these manthems suggested by Askmen.com!

No.10 "The Distance" – Cake

Words of wisdom: “But he’s driving and striving and hugging the turns/and thinking of someone for whom he still burns/He’s going the distance”

To be used when: preparing for a comeback, whether it’s winning back a girl or a just a simple point of pride.

This song broke the Sacramento band into the mainstream in 1996. Fans connected with the crunchy guitar riff and idiosyncratic lyrics about a man still striving for victory even though he has lost. Just because a race is over and the trophy is gone doesn’t mean a man has to stop. A real man keeps fighting until he’s proven himself to himself.

No.9 "I Walk The Line" – Johnny Cash



Words of wisdom: “Because you’re mine/I walk the line”

To be used when: in a serious relationship.

Johnny Cash had his faults, like every man does, but he did know how to love a woman. When later interviewed about his 1956 song, Cash said, “I was newly married at the time, and I suppose I was laying out my pledge of devotion." Forget the fact that marriage ended. “I Walk The Line” can inspire any man to be true, at least for a time.

No.8 "Satisfaction" - The Rolling Stones



Words of wisdom: “I can't get no satisfaction”

To be used when: life is beating you down, and it’s you against the world.

Misery loves company. Every guy has periods when it seems like nothing is going his way. The Rolling Stones do an amazing job of capturing that angst, embracing it and channeling it into balls-out rock. Do the same when you feel down but not out. Admit your frustration and turn it into something positive.

No.7 "It's A Man's Man's Man's World" - James Brown






Words of wisdom: “This is a man’s man’s world/but it wouldn’t be nothing without a woman or a girl”

To be used when: falling in love.

Men can lose themselves when falling for a woman. It’s so new, and she seems so perfect that he’ll do anything she says. That’s the moment he needs to listen to James Brown. This 1966 song extols the achievements of men, but explains they do it to share their success with women. Remember, you’re the man in the relationship. She wants you to be strong, not a pushover.

No.6 "I Won’t Back Down" - Tom Petty






Words of wisdom: “Well, I know what’s right/I got just one life/in a world that keeps on pushin’ me around/but I’ll stand my ground/and I won’t back down”

To be used when: fighting for a just cause.

Sometimes a man will stand up for what he believes in and then quickly realize that he’s in the minority. The weak will promptly retreat. But real men stand strong in their convictions. Tom Petty is, of course, singing about the latter in his 1989 hit single. If you ever start to waver, just listen to this song for inspiration.

No.5 "Bad to the Bone" - George Thorogood


Words of wisdom: “And when I walk the streets/kings and queens step aside”

To be used when: taking names and breaking hearts.

Great men are rarely well-behaved. Sometimes you have to break some rules and break some hearts. Thorogood’s 1982 manthem needs to be playing in your mind when you do. Any man can make others back down, even kings and queens. You just have to walk the walk.

No.4 "TNT" - AC/DC






Words of wisdom: "I’m dynamite/and I’ll win the fight/I’m a power load/Watch me explode"

To be used when: pumping up for a workout or game.

No band gets down and dirty like AC/DC. They embody rock 'n’ roll. Their songs celebrate the male id, the raw uncensored beast in all of us. This is exactly the thing athletes need to tap into so they can break out stronger than ever in competition.

No.3 "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" - Jay-Z


Words of wisdom: “You gotta get that dirt off your shoulder”

To be used when: not wanting anything, especially the trivial, to hold you back.

Sometimes every man needs to step back and revel in his accomplishments. Jay-Z raps about how he’s proud of his life. He doesn’t feel bad about what he’s done to get there and makes no apologies for his superstar lifestyle. Everyone needs to feel rich and powerful at times, so pop this song in the stereo, partake in any luxuries you have and brush the dirt off your shoulder.


No.2 "I'm A Man" - Bo Diddley






Words of wisdom: “All you pretty women/stand in line/I can make love to you, baby/in an hour's time”

To be used when: going out with the guys.

Sociologists agree that women have started feminizing men. Guys are sensitive, softer and apologize more often. The best way to stop this trend is to embrace your inner Bo Diddley. Go out with the guys, hit on women, play pickup basketball, build something out of wood, and scream at the television during sports games. And listen to this song. You’ll never forget that you’re a M-A-N.

No.1 "I Did It My Way" – Frank Sinatra






Words of Wisdom: “I’ve lived a life that’s full/I traveled each and every highway/and more, much more than this/I did it my way.”

To be used when: choosing the road less taken.

Old Blue Eyes definitely knew a thing or two about living large. The most iconic song from the icon himself celebrates the life he led and inspires listeners to trust their guts en route to doing the same. Sinatra is saying that above all else, what matters is doing it your way. If you play it safe and act only on others’ advice, you may succeed, but you’ll feel empty. If you choose your own path, even if you fail, you won't have any regrets.

































3 comments:

  1. Blogger has been acting up quite a lot lately, so I don't know if my previous two comments went through, or if they required the blog's owner's approval to appear. Regardless, the more I read what you have to say, the more I would like to speak with you in a more direct manner.

    I thought that commenting on your most recent post might be the best place to find your attention, since I'm not sure if you are notified via e-mail about all of the comments you receive. So while what I have to say does not necessarily fit under any particular subject, I did feel the urge to communicate.

    I no longer feel as cautious about remaining anonymous after having read some of your more personal appeals for contact. Please request my contact information if you wish to speak to me. I would be delighted to carry out a correspondence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess since my last comment also disappeared, I can only assume they have to go through the owner for verification. :P I'll wait patiently for a response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you'd like an alternative to casually dating girls and trying to figure out the right thing to say...

    If you'd prefer to have women pick YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in noisy bars and night clubs...

    Then I encourage you to play this eye-opening video to learn a strong little secret that has the potential to get you your personal harem of beautiful women just 24 hours from now:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM...

    ReplyDelete