Thursday, February 7, 2013

Crazy Themed Weddings going a little too far!

I get the idea of a themed wedding - especially if you are into something.  But it's not for me and I honestly think it's a little crazy.  Personally, I'm much more of a traditionalist (yeah, seriously!) when it comes to weddings.  The one thing that sticks in my mind is the picture - and those pictures last forever.  The last thing you want is to look at them and think - what the hell was I thinking.  (my own parents are a perfect example.  The woman all had 70s style dresses with sheer sleeves and hats in various shades of pastel.  And the men.... they had polyester suits in matching shades of pastel - yeah, pastel tuxes!) 

Anyway, I had never seen a themed wedding as out there as the Disney themed wedding I ran across on the web this week.  Now, I'm a believer that Disney is for kids (and parents of kids)... Hey, I get if you are into Disney - but it's not for me.  But this couple REALLY went for it. 

The bride (apparently obsessed with The Little Mermaid) dressed up as Ariel and her groom as Eric (that was his name - right? I'm not in the mood to look it up.)  And this girl went ALL out, she even combed her hair with a fork - that was in the movie too.  Now I hope that was just for the pictures, but with this girl, I'm not 100% sure! 

And if only it ended there - it didn't... All of her bridesmaids were dressed up as Disney princesses from Sleeping Beauty to Mulan.  Yeah, I wonder about how those girls felt about buying those dresses.  At least they could wear them again ... for Halloween, right?  And the men, they were dressed up as Disney villains (not sure why they didn't go for the princesses).  Even her dad got into the spirit and dressed up as the Ariel's father - the king.  See all the crazy pictures below!

I will give this girl serious props for going all out on her theme.  They had the minister wear mouse ears (humm, a little far for a man of the cloth).  But I did think the idea of naming all the tables for Disney movies AND including appropriate decorations for each table.

Now, I was thinking... is this type of Disney wedding common?  Well, apparently it is!  There is a whole website that sells just Disney wedding dresses.  Yup, go check it out... http://www.disneybridal.com/bridalgowns.html.  Of courses, prices aren't listed. 










No comments:

Post a Comment