Saturday, February 28, 2015

Is your name sexy?

Apparently there are a number of names that are considered sexy.  The survey, carried out by BabyNameWizard.com found the following 10 male and 10 female names that are considered the sexiest.  Now, I'm not sure why BabyNameWizard would be looking at sexy names, because I don't know a single parent who had a goal of giving their child a "sexy" name. 

Now I'm no expert on sexy names, nor naming a child... but I feel I must pass along this information.  It's my civic duty to spread random facts to the masses.

So here you go...

Top 10 Sexiest Names for Women
1. Scarlett (Thanks to Gone With the Wind)
2. Nicolette 
3. Natalia
4. Anais
5. Paulina
6.   Alessandra
7. Chanel
8. Soraya
9. Adrianna
10. Giuliana

** Note, I might be reaching here, but I don't think it's a coincidence that a vast majority of these names belong to current and past Supermodels... **

Top 10 Sexiest Names for Men
1. Alessandro
2. Lorenzo
3. Rhett (there goes the Gone with the Wind connection again)
4. Romeo
5. Mateo
6. Dimitri
7. Dane
8. Marcelo
9. Dante (whenever I see or hear the name "Dante" I think of the movie Grandma's Boy - and there is NOTHING sexy about that Dante!  And if you have no idea what I'm referencing when I say Grandma's Boy - go HERE and order it - it's only $6.59... NOW.  It's probably the funniest movie I've ever seen)
10. Remy

 
Above and beyond the Top 10 lists, the study shows that Latin and French names score high and male names ending in "o" and female names ending in "a" are often considered sexy.  And strangely enough, names featuring double letters (Adriana vs. Adrianna) fare more sexy than their single letter counterparts.  
 And in all fairness, the website also released the Top lists of least sexy names.
Top Least Sexiest Names for Women
1. Gertrude
2. Bertha
3. Agnes
4. Ethel
5. Mildred

** all these names tend to be "Grandmother's names," so I can see where the "least sexy" ranking makes sense.  BUT, I gotta tell you, the Hipsters who are just beginning to have children tend to use these old style names, so who knows what this list will be approximately 18 years from now when today's Hipster kids are of legal age. **

Top Least Sexiest Names for Women
1. Bob
2. Ernest (This has to be because of the "movie star" Ernest who was all the rage in the 80's and that Ernest was FAR from sexy)
3. Normal
4. Dick (come on, this one is a GIVEN)
5. Howard

 

1 comment:

  1. Strange "water hack" burns 2lbs overnight

    At least 160k women and men are losing weight with a simple and secret "liquids hack" to burn 2lbs each night in their sleep.

    It's effective and works all the time.

    This is how to do it yourself:

    1) Grab a clear glass and fill it with water half glass

    2) Now do this weight loss HACK

    so you'll become 2lbs lighter the very next day!

    ReplyDelete