Thursday, August 18, 2011

Proper English words

So, I'm not a huge fan of slang.  In fact, I don't like it at all.  Even when texting I use "real" words and never the stupid ur, gr8, y blah, blah. 

Today, the Concise Oxford Dictionary released their list of new words added to the dictionary.  400 New words were added.

How about:

- Retweet (Twitter has gotten that big? I still only really use it to get my breaking news!)

- Woot (what the hell does this even mean!)

- Sexting  (I guess this gives legitimacy to sexting, and I'm not so sure about that.  It's overused and it annoys me sometimes!!  Hey boys, you can have a "normal" conversation without sexting, right?)

- Cyberbulling (Finally one that makes some sense.  This shit is real and scares me - especially for kids!)

- jeggings (NO! Don't make this a word, that means that they might be around for awhile, OUCH!!)

- mankini (no, no, no.  Why the hell is this a real word!)

- Domestic Goddness (otherwise a kept woman who doesn't do shit! - Mothers are to be on a pedestal, but women who stay home without kids really makes me wonder!)

No comments:

Post a Comment