Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Being single costs you.

I knew it!  Being single is more expensive and now there is a study to illustrate my point!

The Atlantic magazine published an analysis of US Federal Tax Code that showed that more than 1,000 laws give financial or legal benefits to those who are married. 

The analysis looked at 2 single women in Virgina (to it's relatable for me!) on earning $40K and one earning $80K per year and also two married women earning $40K and one earning $80K.  Doing all kinds of nerdy calculations (which actually appeal to me, yes, I'm a nerd) showed that being single cost the woman making $40K about $484,368 over 60 years.  And for the woman making $80K being single is going to cost her a whopping $1,022,096 over 60 years! 

And that's just taking in account the federal laws and such.  That's not even thinking about all the other costs.  How about a single woman living alone (as I am) - I have to pay 100% for all my living expenses.  Think about it... 100% of my mortgage, 100% of the cable, 100% of the power, heat, water...  That's a huge cost! 

I've said many times over that I'd like to find a husband just so I can share my bills, little did I know that it would really be cost effective! 

1 comment:

  1. If you'd like an alternative to casually dating girls and trying to figure out the right thing to do...

    If you'd rather have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded bars and restaurants...

    Then I urge you to watch this short video to unveil a weird secret that might get you your own harem of beautiful women just 24 hours from now:

    Facebook Seduction System...

    ReplyDelete