Friday, January 18, 2013

The dissapearing man...

Any of you who read this blog regularly - or even irregularly know I don't tend to write personal stories.  I like to keep the innocent and not so innocent protected.  God knows, I don't need any lawsuits - I'm poor enough as it is!

But, for this post I will go into the personal area (just enough to make my point).

So, I've been trying to date again.  I definitely go through periods where I don't care about dating and then there are times where I really would like to find a man (usually when I'm lonely - take from that what you may).  So in the last month or so I've been hitting the personals ads pretty hard and trying to be smiley and such in public to pick up a guy there (I was hoping that I could pick up some hot doctor during some medical appointments, but that hasn't happened yet!).  And over and over again, I've had the same problem..... just when it gets good - the guy disappears.

Case in point #1: Deleted Email Account
I had been chatting very regularly with a man online.  He seemed to have his shit together.  And I was interested.  We were chatting back and forth via email on Friday, come Monday I email him again and get a return mail response that "this account does not exist or has been deleted."  And being me, I immediately blame myself, and searched through my emails to ensure that I wasn't making shit up (you'd be amazed at how "real" some of my dreams feel).... Nope, we really had emailed on Friday.  So I sent another email (you never know - it could have been a mistake!!), and nope...  I got the same error message.  Now, you'd think I'd have learned my lesson - but apparently my loneliness was making me desperate.... A couple of days later I get an email from the "deleted" account.  No explanation other than he didn't know what was going on with his email.  So, I moved on.  We scheduled a date for the following Saturday.  That Friday we even spoke on the phone.  Saturday comes and no call.  I email to make sure everything is ok and radio silent again (except this time the email hadn't been "deleted")

Case in Point #3: Too "Busy"
Again, I meet someone online at OKCupid.  We actually have a lot in common as we hail from the same state originally.  We chat via email and then text.  A date is scheduled for Saturday.  All is good, until Friday....  Apparently he has gotten really busy at work and can't text or chat and might have to work on the weekend.  I can understand that, work can get crazy.  Monday comes and I text to check in.  The iphone has this nifty feature that allows you to see when the text was read.  He read the text and nothing in return.  Oh well.  Then to make it even stranger.... I received another message on OKCupid and I noticed that his account had been deleted. 

Sadly, this has happened way too often for me!  I'm starting to take offense.  Either that or guys really are jerks (which I'm really trying to NOT believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment