Thursday, August 7, 2014

Mid 30's and still single, what's wrong with you?

So... I've always had a thought in my head, when you are mid 30's or god forbid 40s and still single what does that mean?  My gut reaction is that unless you have a very good reason (divorce serving in the peace corps, a super heavy concentration on a very demanding career, a series of long relationships that just didn't work out, etc) there is something inherently wrong with you...

Then I realize, shit... I'm turning 34 at the end of this month and I'm still single.  I am not divorced, didn't spend any time in the peace corps (or military) serving overseas, don't have that spectular of a career, and haven't had many long term relationships.  Does that make me one of the problems?  I hope to think not, but ...

If I meet someone like me, who is still single at my age (or older), I will still judge them.  Good or bad.  I think it's just part of the judging process, much like anything else is.  I just can't help myself.  Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment