Thursday, July 21, 2011

How Honest are You?

So it's a little off topic, but I found this "social experiment" very interesting. 

Honest Tea (a local DC company - yeah!) put out tables and carts with bottles of tea in 12 cities with a box asking for $1/bottle.  No one was manning these stands - in person!  A webcam field monitored how many people paid the $1 and how many just took a tea.  I watched the feed for about 5 minutes when it was in DC, and I was amazed - people did pay, but more interestingly a lot of people just walked by like it was insane.

So, what did the results say?  Chicago is the most honest city.  I have to say, I'm not surprised!  I grew up in the midwest and the people there are just a tad bit nicer...  And New York City was the least honest.  Humm...

But overall, the results are pretty damn amazing, New York, with the lowest percentage was still at 86%.  That's pretty damn high!


Chicago 99

Boston 97

Seattle 97

Dallas 97

Atlanta 96

Philadelphia 96

Cincinnati 95

San Francisco 93

Miami 92

Washington D.C. 91

Los Angeles 88

New York 86

No comments:

Post a Comment