Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Why are you still single?

I'm getting pretty advanced in age as well I've been single for a long time.  So I hear the question "Why are you still single?" all the damn time.  I have to say the absolute worst is when a guy asks you why you are still single.  What the hell are you supposed to say.  Well, here comes eharmony (which I have issues with their website, but some of their advice columns are pretty good).

So... why are you still single?

1. Because you haven’t proposed yet.
great comeback for when you are actually interested in the guy asking the question... not so great if you are answering to family, friends, or some guy you'd rather disappear!

2. Just lucky, I guess.
For those happily single women!

3. Name one married superhero. Exactly.
ha, love this one!  The only married superhero I can think of is the ones in that Pixar movie. 

4. My mail-order spouse should be arriving any day now.
Do they have mail order GROOMS?  And those mail order Brides are pretty scary - just look at any crime TV show - there is always an episode where some crazy murder is around a mail order bride.

5. Because I want my cat to grow up in a stable environment.
A cat?!?  Yeah, probably not the best thing to cite.

6. Jesus was single. Would you be bugging him?
Ha!  Love this... But watch out for those uber Christian types because they will invariably have some arguement

7. Because I keep turning down proposals.
Yes, I'm THAT popular.  Now if only you could keep all the diamonds from all those proposals... only if...

8. Because no company is better than bad company.
Amen!

9. What’s the rush? With a longer life expectancy than previous generations, I can get married later in life and still end up celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary.
Ohh, good one! 

10. True love is worth waiting for. I’m not going to settle just because I’ve been single for a while.
ok, this is a great one.  I think I'm going to start using it.  I'm committing it to memory right now...

1 comment:

  1. If you'd like an alternative to randomly dating girls and trying to find out the right thing to do...

    If you would rather have women pick YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded pubs and night clubs...

    Then I urge you to view this short video to unveil a shocking secret that has the power to get you your personal harem of sexy women just 24 hours from now:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM!!!

    ReplyDelete