Thursday, March 7, 2013

Bad Date Stories.... Jackbutt

So... I didn't date much in college - at all.  Partly because I was one of those intense kids who thought she was in college to actually learn something (silly!) and partly because the damn small Christian college I went to had some crazy ratio of 5 girls to every 1 guy or something stupid like that.  I also didn't really fit in any specific group: I wasn't greek, I wasn't one of the crazy Jesus freaks (there was a not so small group of kids who were always barefoot - even in the MIDDLE of a midwestern winter because "Jesus didn't wear shoes"), and I wasn't one of the million other types of sub groups.

But, my senior year came and I went on a couple of dates.  But one really sticks out to be.  To be therefore known as the "Jackbutt" date.

So, I met a guy online, I think it was yahoo or something, but that was 10 years ago so I don't exactly remember.  As well, I'd like to share his name, but I don't even remember! 

So I met said date at the local movie theater in the mall.  Now, I'm not a fashionista and since we were going to a movie I dressed casually, but not too casually.  But imagine my surprise when the guy walked up to be looking like he just rolled out of bed.  His hair was disheveled and he had an old ratty sweatshirt on.  OK, I wasn't thrilled with his appearance - but I figured I would suck it up and continue on with the date.

But then it got bad.  We went back into the movie theater and walked to our movie.  But we bypassed the theater showing the classic - Jackass.  He looks up and then looks at me very seriously and asked me if I had seen the movie, "Jackbutt."  What? Yes, he couldn't say Jackass (but strangely had SEEN the movie).  I should have ended the date right there.  But I didn't.  And honestly it didn't get any better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment