Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The best profile pictures?


As many of us are these days - I'm on a couple of online dating sites.  God knows, I'm not going to pay for that crap!  It's like being a dating prostitute - and for me I just can't justify it.  Hell, why pay for meeting someone online when you get get it for free, and then spending the money on dinner?

As to that point, one of these free sites I belong to is OKCupid.com.  It's decent - not too many crazies.  I've actually gone on a couple of dates and haven't felt like I was going to get attacked or want to run away scared - to me that is a good date.  I actually don't ask for too much with my dating, and in particular my online dating.

But as of late, my profile has been a bit quiet.   I get a lot of views - but no one messages me or anything!  Oh well.

Just last week, OKCupid announced a new feature - http://www.okcupid.com/mybestface.  My Best Face actually allows you to upload a number of pictures and other users (of the My Best Face system) to decide which profile picture (or uploaded picture is the best).    It  wasn't exactly what I thought it would be.  Once you uploaded the pictures you had to look through a number of other pictures and decide which man you'd date. 

Very interesting - except the profile picture it chose for me was a picture I took back in 2005.  Umm, really?  That's a bit depressing!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment