Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Best Escape for a Lonley Girl

I admit - I have a problem.  I have shelves full of cheesy romance novels.  Actually as of late, I had to switch over to the Kindle and my Kindle reader is FULL of these cheesy romance novels (FYI, for those who are interested, Amazon.com has a TON of free romance novels for the Kindle, which just about makes it's price worth it!)  Now I'm sure you are thinking, what the hell is a 20-something girl reading those stupid romance novels with some bosomy woman on the cover gasping in the arms of Fabio.  I'd tell you - I'm not!  Those ones are horrible.  I hate period romance novels - the ones you used to see in the line at the grocery store - those are just bad. 

But, there a ton out there that are set in the current day, with actual believable story lines.  Well, when I say believable - I mean as believable as any romantic comedy.  If you can believe any Sandra Bullock or J-Lo movie where she falls and the man catches her and they fall in love - you'll believe this.  And don't tell me you don't love those romantic comedies! 

The average romance novel is about 200 pages, and I read pretty quickly.  So I can get through one in a couple of hours if I'm not interrupted (highly unlikely).  Usually I can read one in a couple of sittings.  Burying yourself in a book is a great escape for any single girl.  You aren't just sitting in front of the television stuffing yourself with the closest food item and you can actually fool yourself into thinking you are the main character in the book.  So for a couple of hours you can get a great escape for reality.  So, like a really great buzz you are high for a couple of hours - unfortunately the crash is a bitch when you realize it was all a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment