Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Things to quit by the time you are 30...

So I found a list of things to quit by the time you turn 30.  It's a year later, so how do I measure up?

1.  Buying clothes from the junior section. Done and done.  Have you seen the Juniors section these days?   It's like they are advertising for the prostitute.

2. Forgetting her parents’ birthdays. May and December (I even know the dates)  As far as sending a gift, humm...  But I rememer to call!

3.  Making out with her BFFs at bars for attention. Ugh, I HATE girls making out with girls at the bar for attention - and I've never done so.

4.  Making out with her boyfriend at bars for attention. Not a huge fan of PDA, and who really wants to make out in a nasty bar?

5.  Filling her bed with stuffed animals (really, even one is too many). Do dogs count?  Like real dogs?

6.  Carrying a torch for anyone she hasn’t seen in the last five years. Never regret, always learn from your mistakes.  And they are in the past for a reason.  But I have to admit, sometimes I wonder, what if...

7.  Rebelling against her parents for the sake of rebelling against her parents. I'm one of those strange kids that never really rebelled.

8.  Declaring an entire gender “all jerks.” Can I declare them all assholes or bitches? 

9.  Holding a grudge against anyone who wronged her in high school. I don't think the author went to my high school.... if so she'd understand

10.  Skipping regular gyno exams. I dont care what age, you should never skip it!

11.  Going to bed without washing and moisturizing her face. OK, I'm bad at this.  I get TIRED.  I guess I'm lucky I look like I'm still a teenager, acne and all. 

12.  Being “that person” who had a bit too much to drink at the office party. Trying.  Sometimes that's the only time I drink.

13.  Crushing on Justin Bieber. Seriously, really?  If I was a teen mom I probably coud have been HIS mom.  YUCK.

14.  Thinking she’s got it all figured out. Hell, the more I learn the more I realize I know absolutely NOTHING.

15. Calling her father “daddy.”  He's Dad.  I think he always has been

16.  Engaging in sibling rivalry. Humm, we all still have our moments. 

17.  Trying to get by on her looks. Ha.  Not gonna happen.  I'm no ugly girl, but I definately am not going to win any beauty contests.

18.  Living paycheck to paycheck. Oh shit.  Now why do you think I need someone to pay me to write this blog.  Any takers?

19.  Expecting a man/knight in shining armor to swoop in and save her. Oh wait, this isn't going to happen.  Well, fuck, shit damn!

20.  Aimlessly jumping from job to job. I'm one of the few people who has already stayed at a job nearly my entire working career.

21.  Using MySpace to pick up guys. What's myspace :)

22.  Expecting a man to do all the wooing. Hey, obviously this person has never met Patty Stanger.  She says all men should be doing the wooing.

24.  Wishing she had someone else’s life. My life is pretty damn good.

25.  Expecting everyone to drop everything because it’s her birthday ... What?  They aren't supposed to?

26.  ... or because her “boyfriend” of two weeks dumped her. Hey, we all need support!

27.  Measuring her self-worth by a number on the scale. I assume we are talking weight.  No. no. 

28.  Being cheap. Wait, how are you supposed to not be cheap and still not live paycheck to paycheck.  Wait a damn second, you can't have it both ways.

29.  Quitting a job without having a new one lined up first (especially in this economy!). PAYCHECK.

30.  Blaming her mother for all her issues. I blame genetics and both my materal and paternal genetics.  Damn health issues.

So?  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment