Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rules of Sexting...

One of the posts on this blog that gets the most hits is my list of sexting acronyms.  But I've also written two other "sexting" blogs - one about the obsession with sexting and the other about sexting just isn't for kids anymore.    But what I haven't talked about is the do's and don'ts of sexting...   Because I'm obviously not the smartest person in the world.  I've ruined a perfectly good hookup with bad sexting (god knows I haven't had a relationship in a long time - maybe even before sexting was even thought of  -- ok, I'm not THAT old.)  I'm good at the sexting in the very short term, but I lose patience with it - I'm not good at the abbreviations - I like to spell everything out.  And for someone who dabbles in writing erotica - I really don't like to describe what we are going to do... Hell, why don't we just DO it already.  Lets not talk it to death.  But lets learn together.  What are the rules of sexting.  And seriously - why are there rules to everything!  And I'm a little shocked I'm turning to FOX NEWS to learn about sexting, but here goes.  I'm open to all learning sources...

The DO's

1.  A day-long tease can lead to a night-long in-person session.
OK, good call.  Teasing all day can be a fun build up to that nights passion.  But lets not text CONSTANTLY all day and dissect what we are going to do tonight move by move.  I swear to god, I've been with guys that want you to tell them exactly what you are going to do.  Well, maybe I don't want to.  Maybe I just want it to be a surprise, maybe I just want to feel your touch.  So, tease by saying that you love touching me, not that you want to touch my left arm 5" up from my elbow.   

2. The embarrassment factor is removed because you don’t have to see the person while you’re typing your naughty thoughts.
OK, Yes... you don't have to see them when revealing your immediate naughty thoughts, but the whole point is that you will eventually see them right?  The worst part about sexting would be NOT seeing that person and not getting the release from all the build up.  Sure sexting can help you come out of your sexual shell - but when it comes down to it and naked bodies are in the room you gotta step it up.

4. If you are still in the flirting stage, it can help you to ease your way to the next step.
Well, yes... Sexting, with naughty pictures or without is for sure going to mke any man or woman want to jump you.  So becareful of what you wish for.  Flirting lighty and carelessly to full on sexting is a big jump and can lead to that big jump into bed.  So be careful what you wish for.  And be ready for it,

5. It keeps you on your toes, thinking of new things to say and new ways to respond.
Maybe for girls. I think we are expected to be the initiator and provide all the graphic detail for sexting.  Guys can just respond with an in-kind, "uh huh" "hot" or "oh baby".  Do they have to provide some great creativity in their sexting?  Never.  Usually it's something like, Oh baby you make me so hard, I'm gonna cum.  Or some combination there of.  So guys, get more creative. 


The DON'Ts

1. Delete. Delete. Delete. When you’re done playing, delete your conversation. It may be fun to look back at your naughty repartee later, but it won’t be any fun at all to explain to your kids. Never use your work phone.
Umm yeah, As fun as it is to go back afterwards and relieve the hotness (and in a much quicker succession!) that was your sexting session.  Maybe do it just once afterwards and then push the ol' delete button.  There are just too many dangers of getting caught  - by another lover, a husband, child, family member (the list can go on and on).  And getting caught is not fun.  This coming from a girl who got caught (months later) by a new man.  How do you explain words and pictures on  your phone, even if they are monthls old?  Say it with me, delete is your best friend, use it often and use it well. 

2. Ask before you text. Don’t surprise someone with a sext until you are sure he or she is into it. That is one mistake that you simply cannot undo. And when the game is over, it’s over. So, don’t push it.
Humm.  Talk about a foot in mouth moment.  And when you actually like someone that is something you really want to avoid.  Hence, make sure the other person involved is into the dirty texting before you start.  Tread lighly until you know he/she is in, then by all means -- knock yourself out! 

3. Take it slowly. Sexting can quickly go from fun to creepy if you keep it up for too long or escalate too quickly. So, pace yourself and follow your partner’s lead. You’ll know what feels right and what doesn’t.
Just as in "regular sex" You don't jump right from walking into the door to pentration.  Same as sexting - you don't start from hello to full on frontal pictures.  You have to work your way up to that.  If you don't you risk the danger of scaring the person away - unless they are some crazy kind of nudist, and if they are and you are too - then  you've made your match in heaven. 

4. Remember that sexting is an 18 and over activity.
They have to say this because it's an actual "newspaper article"

5. Send pictures at your own risk. It may seem like a good idea at the time, but once a photo is out there, you can’t get it back. It’s better to tell your partner to use his or imagination. 
My suggestion, keep pictures out of it...  unless you really want to.  But it you want to, be prepared to share yours back.  Now, I much prefer the pictures where your face is hidden either out of the frame or through a hat.  You don't want everyone to know you are out "whoring around." 




No comments:

Post a Comment