Friday, July 16, 2010

Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Long ago I decided that if I wanted something I had to get it for myself.  I wasn't going to depend on a man to get it for me.  I guess what I'm going to say right now is a bit of an oxymoron to that first sentence - but live with it.  When I was turning 18 I foolishly kept saying that all I wanted for my birthday was diamonds.  Yes, diamonds at 18.  You know what?  The best man in my life - my dad - bought me diamonds!  A little flower shaped ring with a Sapphire center and diamonds as pedals.  Still to this day I wear that ring nearly every day.  I'm sure my parents thought they were foolish - buying a complete klutzy, messy girl, a diamond ring.  But let me tell you, I cherish that ring. 

Now, I'm turning 30 (in just over a month and a half - take notes please!).  I think it's again diamond time.  Now, I've just taken care of my own diamond purchases as bought a very nice watch with diamonds around the bezel. 

So, for those who are keeping track - Dad?  My brother? I think diamonds are again in order for my birthday.  Thank you.  You may now return to your regularly scheduled program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment