Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Dating Workaholic

So.... I'm a workaholic.  Recently I had gone through a bit of a reformation - I wasn't working more than 9 hours a day - and not even working at home **gasp **! 

But then the latest project hit, and the last month of so I have been back in my groove.  You might argue, groove is a bit of a positive term.  And I have to agree.  I feel better when I'm being a workaholic.  When I'm in the "lazy" mode, I'm super lazy - I don't do shit.  But in workaholic mode - I'm on, really ON.  I'm a bit addicted.  Yes, it's kind of sad. 

Now, if you saw my hours in the office, you might not think of me as a workaholic.  Especially as of late.  I've been going in at 9, and leaving around 5.  I can hear you out there - how can someone who does the 9-5 be a workaholic?  Well, I will answer you!  I work a GREAT deal at home.  Being a silly mother of two dogs I have to be home to make sure they don't completely destroy my house.  So the remaining 4-6 hours per night I do at home on the couch. 

OK, all that is the opening to the real reason behind this post.  How does one workaholic date?  Well....  you got me!  I don't go out a whole lot.  Sometimes I do Happy Hours (HH) with my friends, but I very rarely meet people at those.  I also spend a great deal of time at the dog park - and let me tell you, it's not the pick up spot you read about in COSMO.  I go there dirty, I'm dealing with the dogs, and I can't carry on a conversation because I have to watch the dogs.  Besides the fact that most people have dogs because there are "testing out the waters" with a puppy in a relationship.  So what does that leave me?  Of course - two options that I see.... dating those I work with and online dating.

Dating at work is apparently looked up very negatively.  It, of course, has positives and negatives!  Positives - hello!!  You get to see that person all the time.  You know who they are before you start dating.  Negatives, you will still have to see them after you break up even if it goes badly!    Also, there can be a lot of gossip.  I've gone out on a date or two with a coworker, but never had a serious relationship with a coworker - but I'm not against it.  Now, the men I work with feel VERY differently.  Maybe it's just the guys I work with, but maybe it's men in general.  They are highly against this dating in the workplace thing. 

Now we all know about my affinity for online dating.  It's a workaholic's wetdream.  You can browse personals during a short work break.  You can shoot off a quick email and even have email conversations at work (during BREAKS - of course!!) with potential dates.  The only issue is actually scheduling dates into the busy schedule.  Of course, this way I weed out to the weasels and only go out with the guys with actual potential (very few!) and cut off email conversations with the duds (very many!) first. 

But, if anyone has better advice, I'd love to know it.  And if that advice is kill the workaholic ways - umm yeah, I don't want to hear it :)  Workaholicism has gotten me where I am today.  Maybe if I meet someone who is worth it, I'll change, but in the meantime it brings home the bacon (or takeout).

2 comments:

  1. There is an incredible new opportunity that is gaining rapid popularity online.

    Large companies are paying people for giving their opinions!

    You can earn from $5 to $75 per each survey!

    This is available to anybody from any country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'd like an alternative to randomly approaching girls and trying to find out the right thing to say...

    If you would prefer to have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in filthy bars and night clubs...

    Then I encourage you to watch this short video to learn a amazing secret that has the potential to get you your personal harem of beautiful women just 24 hours from now:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM...

    ReplyDelete