Monday, August 2, 2010

Men and babies (or kids)

This is a bit embarrassing to admit (what am I saying - after ALL that I admitted on this blog...) but I have a thing for men with babies and kids.  I've probably already said this on this blog before.  But yesterday as I was waiting for my lunch at Noodles (another one of my obsessions), I watched as this beautiful black man got his toddler (maybe 1 year old) ready for lunch.  He was so good to the little kid.  He got him chop sticks to play with and when the kid threw one on the floor, he quickly picked it up and gave it back before the kid could even mutter a cry.  He even had a little toy truck out.  Umm yeah.  You could just tell the guy cared - you can't fake that. 

Rewind to a couple of weeks ago, another food establishment.  My brother and I are out for a fancy dinner at none other than CiCi's All you can eat Pizza Buffet.  Granted, the clientele there is different, but there is no reason for a man to treat his child any different.  But as we were sitting there, a man left his kid (roughly 7?) who proceeded to yell across the restaurant gibberish.  The man completely ignored the kid, even when he came back to the table.  I thought it was a classic case of the dad having the kid for the weekend, until I saw the dad still had a wedding ring on - damn - I wonder if the dad treats the kid like that all the time.

I'm not on a quest to find a man with a kid - I really don't want a ready made family.  But I do want a man who knows his way around a kid (wait, that sounded really bad - almost pedophile like!!!).  What I meant is that I want a man who knows how to treat kid!  A man who could be man #1, and not man #2.  If I meant a man that treated kids like #1, especially kids that weren't his own - my pants would be dropping.  I'd be an easy target.  So men out there - if you read this blog.  Know how to treat kids well - don't be fake, just be nice to kids.  Most girls will like it, at least most nice girls.  The girls that don't like it - either aren't worth it, or are just skanks anyway.  You shouldn't want them anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment