Sunday, August 15, 2010

Man-gagement Rings

Within the last week, a news report was released that Michael Buble (one of my favorite artists/singers, whatever the hell you want to call him) wears a man-gagement ring .  He is currently engaged to Argentinian actress Luisana Loreley Lopilato de la Torre.  The custom in Argentina is for men to also wear an ring during the engagement period before marriage.  There are other details about the ring changing from silver to gold when the marriage happens, and moving from the left to the right hand.  But all those are just silly little details, and are beside the point. 

How do I feel about all of this?  Hell yeah!  This could be the most awesome thing ever.  Personally the first thing I look for on a man is his left hand - ring finger.  A man could be casually walking by me, and literally I look down at his hands first.  If there is a a ring on his finger I don't give him a second look, other than to appreciate his manliness (because I definitely appreciate the manly form!  If you are a woman who doesn't - then we need to have a large discussion.  As far as sexual attraction to that man with a ring - I'm moving on.  I don't touch an attached man.  So how great would it be if any engaged man also wore a ring symbolizing his engagement.  I would also know he's off limits!  It would same me tons of time - daydreaming time of course!!

Hell - I would even be happier if any man who had a girlfriend wore some kind of sign, or maybe a name tag.  Something like - "Hello, I'm fucking someone else - please do not flirt with me!"  That would be my dream.  And probably every attached man's worst nightmare.  But this is about me, so I don't give a shit about them.  Besides, if any man is upset about losing these opportunities they probably shouldn't be in a relationship anyway!!!


Not that I'm an overall a big "going out girl", and I don't see that many men out and about, but if I do - I really don't want to waste my time on those guys who are attached - whether they are just seriously dating or engaged - that's bullshit.  I just want to see the single guys and have them readily accessible to me, just the same way women are to them (Men can always tell how women are attached by their rings!)  I just want those single guys to be readily accessible!  So lets make them easy to find!

- Rings for married guys = GOOD!
- Rings for engaged guys = GOOD!
- Name tags for single, attached guys = GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment