Thursday, August 26, 2010

A different kind of online dating... over a SALAD?

I'm always on the lookout for a new way to date. And when I heard on the radio about a new online dating site I was intrigued.  Apparently, there is a new york salad joint called Just Salad that serves - you guessed it - just salads.  My guess is that it's an overpriced salad place that we have become used to.  But as I've learned, it's also not cheap to get all the ingredients for a salad and build the perfect one at home - especially if you are eating a salad for one!  The owners of Just Salad found that there were a lot of single salad diners at their establishment. 

In order to "better serve" their customer Just Salad began a special service - they opened up a portal on their website called Saladmatch.com  On Saladmatch.com you can develop an online dating profile with your favorite salad "fixings" and your recycling preferences (apparently you can reuse your bowls and bags at Just Salad and this is an important part of your "Salad Match" according to their compatibility scale!)  Once you have entered all of your information Saladmatch can match you based on your salad preferences and you can arrange a date.  Of course, you are highly encouraged to order a salad and eat at their place. 

I kind of like the idea.  Hell, I like the idea of anything that will find me a decent guy.  Granted, the only Just Salad locations are in Hong Kong and New York.  And I'm not dating in either of these locations so it's a moot point.  Granted, I'm not sure how my favorite salad toppings of corn, cheese, beans, bacon and ranch dressing  will find me the perfect man.  But if eharmony's hundreds of questions can find someone's polar opposite match (I've seen it!) then my salad fixin's might as well find me my soul mate, right?

1 comment:

  1. If you'd like an alternative to randomly picking up girls and trying to figure out the right thing to say...

    If you'd prefer to have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in noisy pubs and night clubs...

    Then I urge you to watch this eye-opening video to unveil a strong little secret that has the power to get you your own harem of sexy women:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM...

    ReplyDelete