Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Boys and their Toys, Girls and their... shoes.

I'm a girl.  and I have a problem.  I have a shoe problem.  My house is seriously littered with shoes.  There are shoes under my couch, in the middle of the living room, all over my bedroom, in the hallway, and even in the kitchen.  And I'm an equal opportunity shoe collector.  I have everything from the 4" heels I wear to work, to crocs (don't knock them - I LOVE them!), to flip flops, to big rubber wellies. 

The one thing I can say about shoes, and my shoes is that I don't have expensive shoes.  That's not to say I don't have expensive tastes!  I would love a pair of Manolo's or Jimmy Choo boots - but I cannot justifyy spending the amount of money on a single pair of shoes that would feed me for a month (or more!).  Instead, I'm a HUGE fan of the TJ Maxx Shoe Megashop.  Discounted, mid priced "designer" shoes at lower prices. Get them on sale and you can have really decent shoes at no more than $50.  I try to never spend more than $40.  So, I have a closet full of shoes that I rarely spend $40 for.  (the exception are athletic shoes, which I will shell out a little more, but even them you can get at the Maxx for cheaper!)  

Now, I've been thinking... what would be the optimal boyfriend for me?  Lets see... How about a man with a shoe fetish.  A guy who would appreciate me "showing off" my heals.  He would want me to have the best shoes and would be willing to shell out the money for them.  Hello, Manolo.  Hello Jimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment