Friday, January 30, 2015

Click... Click... Oh crap, that's my FRIEND!

There is something strange about running across a friend, a coworker or even an acquaintance when you are searching online profiles.  I don't know what it is, but it still feels a little creepy to see someone you know. 

Online dating isn't the "strange" thing it used to be.  Back in the day when I started searching online (geez, I sound old), searching online for love was seen as more geeky or dare I say... desperate.  But these days it's perfectly the norm.  In fact you hear more often about people meeting ONLINE than offline through one of the other old school methods.

Tonight, while I was eating I was casually swiping through Tinder.  I don't take Tinder very seriously  -- but honestly, you never know where you are going to meet someone interesting, even if it's just good for a short conversation.  But imagine my surprise when I saw not only 1, but 2 people I know relatively well.  And I can't explain why, but I feel embarrassed that I saw them, it's like it's some big secret. 

Even more interesting....  I've run across many of my friends, coworkers and acquaintances on these online dating sites.  But what I find MOST interesting is seeing those who you thought were in a relationship.  And then you end up in this very awkward situation... do you ask the person if they are no longer in a relationship, do you call them out on being on such-and-such site, do you ask them if they broke up with their significant other? 

All these questions, and I have no answers.  Do you??  Comment away!

1 comment:

  1. If you'd like an alternative to casually flirting with girls and trying to find out the right thing to do...

    If you would rather have women pick YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded pubs and night clubs...

    Then I urge you to watch this short video to find out a strange secret that might get you your personal harem of attractive women just 24 hours from now:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM...

    ReplyDelete