Thursday, December 16, 2010

Romance in the Snow.

OK, excuse me for a second while I veer off my path of obnoxious bitching and ranting. 

I grew up in the Midwest, where snow was a very regular occurrence from late November until often March or even April.  Now, here in the metro DC area we are lucky if we get any snow at all!  Last year we had a an amazing snow storm that people have dubbed Snowmagedon where we were dumped feet of the fluffy white stuff in just a couple of days (yes, that's a bit overkill).  But I can't help it, I just love the stuff.  And even more so, I think snow is just some of the most romantic stuff in the world.  Just go with me here.

There is just something about the quiet that takes over when it's snowing outside.  Even better when it's so quiet that you can even hear the snow falling.  Now, that's kind of hard in this place where it seems like there is always some kind of sound - sirens or trucks or something.  But sometimes it's just quiet, think late at night or in the early morning.  I like also when it's so cold you can hear the crunch of the snow.  Yeah, call me sick, but I like that kind of stuff. 

So lets add a man to this mix.  The snow falling down around you, Blanketing you in a your own little ticker tape parade.  Going in for a kiss, the heat of your kiss melting the snow falling around you.  The only thing you can hear is the blood pumping through your veins and the snow falling around you?  yeah, that's hot.  Very hot.  Also, just very romantic.  Especially because when it's snow out, there are less likely to be people around and you always feel alone, it's like mother nature made this snow just for you, and you are in your own little romantic snow globe.  You can't tell me that's not awesome.

And even better.  Is that you don't have to say out in the cold!  You can come inside and watch the snow falling!  Snuggle up by the fire (yeah, I wish I had a fireplace - but I can imagine) on a bearskin rug (ok, again - imagining).  You both have your mug of hot cocoa, hot toddies, tell whatever you want.  There is nothing like snuggling up when it's snowing outside.  Feeling like you are shut in alone until it stops snowing.  There is just a sort of romance to it.  Now, you can't tell me I'm wrong on this one.  Even if you hate snow - the snuggling by the fireplace, or even on the couch while you watch a movie is an awesome thing about snow.  It just gives you a great excuse to stay home and enjoy the one (or ones - I won't judge!) you love.  So take the opportunity, even if the ones you love are four legged (hey, until I find a man that loves both me and my dogs - my dogs are my only love!) and while it snows snuggle up and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment