Sunday, January 16, 2011

If your name follows, you might want to change it if you actually want to date....

A name means a lot.  We can tell a lot by a persons name - what ethnicity they are (or aren't), and often what they are even like as a person (due to their nickname.)  But have you ever considered the sexual implications of a person's name.  Are we turned on or turned off by a person's name? 

Personally, I have some issues with guys' names associated with negative connotations in my past.  You know - crazy ex-boyfriends, shitty bosses, just people you generally didn't like.  Ohh, and the biggest one... dating a guy with the same name as my brother. . . that one is really strange.  I've gotten over it (once or twice), but it really freaks me out to scream the same name in bed as my brother - it just seems a little too fucked up - even for me!

I found a list of names online that are, shall we say, not the most conductive to dating potential.  Do you have others? 

1. Boris (Male)
The author of my article has a great description of what she thinks a "Boris" is "a sweaty, obese man with a large mole protruding from his face, possibly sporting a long, single strand of hair. The folds of skin around his neck practically choke him to death, so it's hard to understand a single word coming out of his mouth."  Now, I don't see the same description - but I just think the same sounds like an old Russian or European man, and that just doesn't turn me on at all.  Granted, I don't know if you've caught Royal Pains on the USA Network and that Boris is hot in the salt and pepper age group, and if all Boris' were looking like that I might have to change my mind!
2. Bertha (Female)
Umm, if your name is very commonly associated with the saying, "Big Bertha" it's just not looking good for you.  And seriously, what mother would name their daughter this knowing that her future held that for her?  Talk about the psychological wounds!  No wonder all the Bertha's end up "big"
3. Jesus (Male)
And yes, I don't care if you live in a Spanish speaking country and it's pronounces "Heh-Sues".  I think there is something just inherited weird about your name being the same as the "Holy Kid's" name.  Why not name your kid God?  Besides, does he answer every time you use the Lord's name in vein?  that might be too many to count ...
4. Cooper (Male)
I think I've met probably about 100 dogs named Cooper,and while it's a great dog name... not so great for a person.  Cooper is a last name, not a first.  And it just sounds strange.  Not that I'm judging or anything.
5.  Igor (Male)
Isn't Igor one of those Disney villain characters?  I'm a little out of touch.  I grew out of the Disney, and don't have kids around to remind me.  All I know is that if your name reminds me of some Disney movie - especially the villain, it's not a good thing for you.  Because if we are having sex and all I can see in my head is a Disney character, it's not going to help with our X rated play because all I'm seeing in my head is PG.

No comments:

Post a Comment