Thursday, January 6, 2011

30 Things you should quit doing by the time you are 30... OOPS!

So... we all know I'm 30... Yippi, right?  The Frisky.com  believes there are 30 things that women should stop doing once they turn 30... lets see... 


THE LIST

1. Buying clothes from the junior section. - Check.  I stopped doing that awhile ago.  FYI, leggings are part of the juniors department ladies...

2. Forgetting her parents’ birthdays. - Check.  I got the Month and days down, although I have to admit that I sometimes forget the years, that's ok right??

3. Making out with her BFFs at bars for attention. - Check... Seriously.. I hate this!! Girls, never do this, it's stupid.  I know guys love it and it turns them on, but do we do everything to turn men on?  Wait, then again... I've never done it and I think it's stupid - but that's just me.

4. Making out with her boyfriend at bars for attention. - Check, I've never been one for PDA, then again, I've also never been one to keep a boyfriend around... so who am I to say I would or wouldn't!

5. Filling her bed with stuffed animals (really, even one is too many). - Check.  But what about dogs? 

6. Carrying a torch for anyone she hasn’t seen in the last five years. - Check. I like to keep my crushes in the current. 

7. Rebelling against her parents for the sake of rebelling against her parents. - Check.  Never did rebel.  Guess I was one of lucky ones - or my parents were! 

8. Declaring an entire gender “all jerks.” - Check.  I love men, hate people.

9. Holding a grudge against anyone who wronged her in high school. - oh damn...  I hate some of those bitches and assholes still!  Sorry.

10. Skipping regular gyno exams. - Check.  Hey girls... don't miss these, I found something very important in one of mine and since I got it early I'm healthy rather than developed cancer - phew!

11. Going to bed without washing and moisturizing her face. - Fail, I remember to take my contacts out, but rarely get to remember the washing and moisturizing.  Then again, my skin looks like a 16 year old girls, acne and all...

12. Being “that person” who had a bit too much to drink at the office party. - Check... Guess it's a good thing that I don't think, and our company works hard but parties harder. 

13. Crushing on Justin Bieber. - Seriously really? That kid is like 12, and scares me with his hair wooshing.

14. Thinking she’s got it all figured out. - Of course.  The older I get, the more I learn, the more I have no idea what the hell is going on!

15. Calling her father “daddy.” -Check  He's been "Dad" for as long as I can remember!

16. Engaging in sibling rivalry. - There will always be some sibling rivalry, but nothing too much.

17. Trying to get by on her looks.  - Well, good for them girls who can get by on their looks, but we know that's not everything!

18. Living paycheck to paycheck. - Well, shit... Try living in DC and not living in paycheck to paycheck without a sugar daddy...

19. Expecting a man/knight in shining armor to swoop in and save her. - You mean this isn't true?  You mean I can't hold out hope?  I'll hold out some hope that it could possibly be true, but no longer do I expect that it WILL be the case.

20. Aimlessly jumping from job to job. - Never did, never will.  But, gotta tell you... in DC it's the way you can actually make more money this way.

21. Using MySpace to pick up guys. - People do or did this?

22. Expecting a man to do all the wooing. - They can't?  What happened to chivalry?

23. Wishing she had someone else’s life. - Check.  My life is pretty damn good.  I'm actually liking it.  You should be jealous.

24. Expecting everyone to drop everything because it’s her birthday ... - 25 August.  Mark the date.  Remember it..  But yeah, I get it...

25. ... or because her “boyfriend” of two weeks dumped her.  - Yeah, yeah... we all get it.  Just help me when we need it.

26. Measuring her self-worth by a number on the scale. - Sometimes fat is beautiful.  And who cares about a number. 

27. Being cheap. Giving is fun. 

28. Quitting a job without having a new one lined up first (especially in this economy!). Seriously, what kind of insane person would do this.  Wait, I've seen it - and I just can't believe it. 

29. Blaming her mother for all her issues. - I love my mom. 

30. Romanticizing her 20s. - I think my 30's might be pretty good. 

All in all, this list was pretty good and I did pretty decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment