Monday, January 3, 2011

Pickup lines that actually work!

When I think of pickup lines, I think of a loud bar and a drunk ass guy leaning over into my ear and whispering something stupid ass line into my ear - like, "Baby, you must be a broom, cause you just swept me off my feet."  You know something so ridiculous it makes you groan and want to make the guy just go away.  But guess what?  not all pickup lines are bad, some actually work.

According to eharmony.com, these are their top favorite pickup lines that actually work...

1. Hey, I Love Your Shoes (or Handbag or Coat, etc.)
Being specific about what he or she is wearing and complimenting on it is SO much better than just a generic compliment.  Besides, for girls - complimenting her on something she's bought is always a good thing - and if you get the right piece - depending on what she's into you might just win an extra point.  For instance, if she's a shoe fantastic and you compliment her on her shoes, big bonus point!  Same goes for some guys, but it's not as clear cut.

2. Hi, I would love to get you a drink.
Simplicity is good, but don't be threatening and be willing to take no as an answer (if it comes to that!).  And above all else, don't be scary.  Nothing is scarier than a guy (or a girl) trying to buy you a drink when it's unwanted. 

3. What Kind of Dog is That?
As a dog lover and dog owner, I will say that this is a winner for me.  For other dog people I know I think it's a winner as well.  Dog people notoriously love to share information about their dogs and it's a great way to open a conversation.

4. Are You Single?
No wasted time (always a good thing), and a straight forward approach.  Although you would have to have a little bit of an opening here - you can't just walk up to a person and ask if they are single. 

5. Hi. Who’s your friend?
This is suggested for the more daring and it might work as a conversation starter.  But you have to be careful - make sure you are asking for the right "friend."  you don't want to end up with wingman and not the good friend!

6.  Nice to meet you, I’m (x) and you are beautiful!
Flattery works wonders!  Tell someone they are beautiful or handsome and you are golden.  But don't be a condescending kind of thing, be sincere and serious and not in a dirty way, and you'll get your girl or guy.

7. I bet you were an awfully cute baby.
While bordering very closely on cheesy, this one could be used effectively with the right person and from the right person.  You have to be careful - but it could be used well.

8. How much does a polar bear weigh? Enough to break the ice!
Ok, really?   Yeah... this is just dumb.  If a guy told me that - no.

9. Excuse me, but you have something on your face," (when she goes to wipe it off you stop her and say) "No, no leave it. It's beauty
ok... again - this is bad. 

10. WHO are you?
OK, this list started out really good.  Of course, what else do I expect from an article from eharmony!  Anyway - if someone used this pickup line for me - "WHO are you?" I would be offended.  It's so forward - way too much so!

1 comment:

  1. If you'd like an alternative to casually picking up girls and trying to figure out the right thing to say...

    If you'd rather have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in noisy pubs and night clubs...

    Then I urge you to watch this short video to uncover a amazing little secret that has the potential to get you your very own harem of hot women:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM!!!

    ReplyDelete