Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Missed Connection?

Again with my Craig's List Obsession.  I just can't help it, it's always something new!  It's always changing and it's always good for a 5 (or 30 min escape from reality).  Every morning we all have our must go to websites.  Don't deny it.  Some of you are probably high class and go to a news site, CNN or the such.  I hope that some even check out my blog (that would really make my day!!!).  Not me, I'm really low class, I check out Perez Hilton, Craig's List, Facebook, Twitter, you know the good stuff.  Sometimes, I check out the weather or the Washington Post.  I justify it by saying I deal with real stuff at work.  (as a side note, I'm really not that ill informed about the world, I just like to escape it.)

So, every morning, I point my browser over to Craig List, and one of the first places I go is Missed Connections.  Now mind you, I go there even when the night before I did nothing but go straight home.  You just never know who is out there looking for you!  But it's not just for me.  You never know who is looking for someone you know. 

Missed Connections is an interesting read, even if you don't find anyone looking for you (or me or any one I know!) there is some interesting stuff on there.  I see a lot of men looking for men they hooked up with once before.  Usually in the gym locker room, and often in the gym I belong to and should be going to (another story for another day!)  There are some unrequited love stories you just wish would actually happen.  And often some stalkerish crazy ones.  Not too long ago there was a post where a guy had taken a picture of a woman across the  bar.  Umm, hello -- if you had a chance to take a PICTURE of a woman you had a chance to talk to her.  That's just creepy.

Now, I keep reading these missed connections, just hoping that one day I will be one.  Not one of the creepy ones, but a really neat one.  Like "Hey, I saw you at the dog park, we had a great conversation and I failed to catch your name and your number.  Lets do coffee or hang out with the dogs again!"  You know, that kind of thing.  Wouldn't it be awesome if a guy was that impressed with you that he made that extra step to want to see you again?  Of course, it does border on stalkerish to post that online, but I'll take it! 

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet you won't guess which muscle in your body is the muscle that gets rid of joint and back pain, anxiety and burns fat.

    If this "hidden" highly powerful primal muscle is healthy, you are healthy.

    ReplyDelete