Sunday, June 20, 2010

The gut feeling.

I have a lot of gut feelings in dating.  (And no, it's not the very sensitive stomach I inherited - thanks Dad - very appropriate for Father's Day...)  Now, these gut feelings can be positive or negative, but they are always there.

Lately, my gut has been getting me a lot.  And all in the negative way.  Like I've said, I've been trying to amp up my dating - all because of my insecurities of turning 30 (yes, I know they are all unfounded, but suck it - I'm having them anyway, I can't help it!)  And my gut sense is on overdrive!  I meet these guys, usually online of course - since that is my meeting men mode of choice - and my gut tells me something.  Granted, maybe it's just because I have an extra pudge there around the waist - granted maybe that a good thing!  (By the way, can I tell you how much I LOVE google image search - when I need an image for this blog - because without images it would be boring, I do a search and presto.  Take a look at this one, awesome!)

OK, some examples....

Theoretically, lets just say I've been talking to this guy for a couple of weeks.  I met him on Craig's List (yes - that dirty dirty word again!)  He seemed like a nice guy, everything on paper looked ok, and our conversations were fine - nothing out of the ordinary, maybe just a little boring.  But my gut was telling me, NO.  So, when he asked me out, I kept putting him off.  I think I might have put him off three or four times.  Finally, late last week he revealed that he actually knew who I was, outside of the online world through work relationships - YIKES!  Gut feeling realized.  While not as scary as it sounds, it was relieving.  I actually felt better, and the conversation suddenly became more free.  You know that gut feeling - it was because he was holding something back (hey, you, yes you... I know you read this!)  Strange gut feeling gone and all is good. 

How about the gut feeling that someone is married or seeing someone.  Fast forward to another situation.  Lets just say that someone I was talking to is so intent on meeting me.  But he will only meet me during work hours.  Humm, fishy...  Very fishy.  I used to be much more bendable, but not these days.  You cannot meet me at any hour or the day or any day of the week - Gut feeling -- you lose.  Not gonna happen.

I also use my dogs as a gut feeling check.  If a guy don't pass the dog gut feeling check.  He might as well just turn around, because he isn't going to get any.  If the big dog likes you, that's easy.  He likes everyone.  If the little dog likes you, you are in.  If the little dog doesn't like you - you might want to just pack up and go.  Don't pretend to like the dogs, I can tell.  So can they. 

How about the good gut feeling?  Yeah, haven't had many of those lately....  Would I like to - hell yeah :)  So if you have any guys that could provide that good gut feeling send them by way, I'll gladly provide my phone number and address - after I've done a thorough background check on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment