Thursday, June 10, 2010

Working in a male dominated field

I work in a very male dominated occupation.  You might have heard of it - **censored**.  Without going into too many details, my company, as a contract, bids my services to the government and I work for a military agency.  (Hey, DC people - give me a break, not everyone understands government contracting outside of our little bubble)

From the outside that sounds like an awesome dating opportunity.  Hell, I thought so too when I started in this field nearly 10 years ago.  Umm, not so much!  Military offices in the government and even some military bases are not filled with what they show in the moves - for the most part.  There aren't hot men in uniform running around, men in formation yelling or doing push ups, and those officers in their dress whites?  Yeah, forget about it.  You know what I see?  Fat old men in short sleeve dress shirts - thousands of fat old men in short sleeve dress shirts.  Ohh, and did I say they were all white and balding?  Yes, white, balding fat old men in short sleeve dress shirts, and don't forget their stained ties that their kids bought them in the 80's. 

Now, women are increasingly breaking into this field like I did.  Nothing about it says that you have to be a man, and I'm not saying that just because I'm a woman.  It's really nothing special!  So, there is an interesting dynamic, and I have to say I'm lucky to have encountered it myself due to my physical features.  Old men... horny old men...  In case you have forgotten, I have large boobs... old horny men.  UGH, let me tell you, those old horny men stare at my boobs like their lives depend on it - and maybe they do!  One of these days I'm afraid that one of these old men will keel over and it will be my boobs fault.

So, dating prospects are nil in a male dominated field - ugh.  Well, that is unless I want an old man who is way past the prime of his life and has accomplished nothing but mediocrity- lets see. . . I'll pass!

So the dating opportunities are nil.  And the few young single good looking guys have their pick of the young women around - so you know they are players.

No comments:

Post a Comment