Friday, June 18, 2010

Changing ages... Changing needs

Blah, Blah.  I'm getting older.  Yes, I know that's getting to be a theme here.  Suck it up.  If you are going to read this blog - you are going to have to get used to it!  As I'm getting older, I've noticed what I want in a man has changed.  It can't just be me either.  Sometime between the teen years and now I grew up (**gasp**) and the same things just don't attract me anymore. But on the other hand, a lot of the same things attract me, but on a different level and for a totally different reason.  Lets' examine.

1. Cars
Having a vehicle of some sort has always been attractive in a man.  Of course, when I was younger it was just the fact that a man had a vehicle.  In a small town, like I grew up in, you had to have a vehicle to get anywhere.  So a vehicle was a must.  The car was attractive.  I've never really been one to be attracted by a type of car - be it an expensive or not so expensive car.  But I gotta tell you, these days I'm more attracted to a man who doesn't drive a compact car.  He's got to drive a manly car.  You know, something that says he's a MAN.  I'm thinking SUV, truck, even a bigger car with a larger engine.  I guess this is from being in a metropolitan area where the metro sexual population is so high.  I want a guy who knows how to be a man and the vehicle he drives is a reflection of that.  Now is this a deal breaker - of course not!  But I'm oddly attracted to a man who drives a big ass truck - yes I'm showing my redneck roots right now and it's a bit embarrassing. 

2. Money
Ahh, I used to love a man with money.  He could take me out, buy me things.  I'm thinking Tiffany jewelry, Coach Purses (note, I only have fake Tiffany jewelry and the all Coach purses I've bought for myself)  He could lavish me with money.  I'm thinking Pretty Woman without the whole Hooker part.  Ahh, how times have changed... A man with money is still HIGHLY attractive.  But I don't want that money spent on money.  Put that shit in the bank, in a 401(k).  Lets go out for moderately priced dinners.  Marry me and we can save together.  We'll have an awesome retirement account.  We could send our kids to college.  We could have an awesome house, maybe even a vacation home.  Wait, too fast?  Shit!!!  Yeah, money is great.  Don't spend it on the immediate play stuff. 

3.  Property
The Real Estate.  I bought young, like 24.  When I was that age I think a lot of men were a little scared of me.  They took it as some kind of negative sign that I was a homeowner so young.  Phooey.  For me, if a man has property, it's a pantie dropping turn on.  Property means a lot - it means you really have your shit together.  You can remember to pay your mortgage on time (hopefully, if not you have a lot bigger problems!), you know how to maintain a home (or condo as more accurate here), and you went through the whole buying process (which is a nightmare on it's own).  Besides, like above property = money.  Combine both properties (his and mine) and we are good to go!  Double the income!

4.  Nice Body
We all appreciate a nice hard body.  In our younger days - it was purely out of pure lust we liked to just look at (and touch - please!) the nice chiseled chests of hot men.  (Can I mention here that I worked at Abercrombie and Fitch for two years in college - yes, I love(d) me some nice bodies).  Hell, who am I kidding, I still love the man's body.  But in a long term mate I'm not necessarily looking for the amazing chiseled abs.  Honestly, I wouldn't want a guy who spends hours in the gym every day.  How much you want to bet he spends more time in the mirror than I do (or in the locker room with the other guys - doing god knows what!!!).  I want a guy who takes care of his body.  Not because of what it appears on the outside, but of what it's like on the INSIDE.  Yes, I want a man to care about his health.  He should want to be healthy to want to stay alive for awhile.  I say all this while I munch on snacks sitting on my ass at my desk, thinking about working out, but not doing it.  Note to self, don't be so critical.

5.  Kids and Men
I know, you are all going to think I'm crazy - but I find a man who knows how to handle kids to be EXTREMELY sexy.  Yes, crazy I know.  But apparently my biological clock and insides tells me that men who know how to handle kids and are good with them could possibly be a good mate and I like that.  I like that a lot.  So men with babies  or kids - yummy!  Granted, those kids better be borrowed and not their own - because there is no way I want a married man - that's no go territory!  I want a man for myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment