Friday, June 4, 2010

Cheating, Lying and Stealing.

Is it just me, or is cheating more prevalent these days?  Maybe I just live in a culture where cheating is more apparent - OR maybe I just pay way too much attention to Craig's List. 

Let me just get into this.  Yesterday I was perusing the Craig's List Personals as I often do and I ran across a post labeled, "Cheater."  Anyone with half a brain is going to check out this post.  You want to avoid anyone labeled a cheater!  Imagine my surprise when I open up the post and I recognize the picture.  Uh ohh - I knew the guy.  Not only did I know the guy but I had gone out with him and hooked up with him a couple of years back.  Umm great...  Thank god nothing had come of it and those years back were now numbering 5.  But really, lovely.  So nice to see someone I went out with so lovely labeled as a cheater. 

This all got me to thinking - has cheating become so mainstream that it's ok?  Has our society become less monogamous and accepting of cheating?  My answer is a HELL NO!  Do I want someone I'm with to cheat?  Hell no.  If a man I'm with cheats on me, I'd probably go Lorena Bobbitt on his ass.  (For those who don't remember Lorena Bobbitt - wiki it!  You are missing a great story!)

I think CL and other bulletin board type sites where you can be perfectly anonymous have made it much easier to cheat.  Where else can you post completely anonymously, ask for anything you want (and I mean anything - just last night I saw an ad for a 45 year old man looking for a woman to walk on him, yes - just walk, fully clothed).  It makes it SO easy to find someone for completely anonymous no strings attached normal, or weird sex (and cheating!). 

Yes, there is definitely, "old school" cheating.  You know, where people hook up with people they actually know.  You know the thing, the old cliches - man hooks up with secretary.  Woman screws the pool boy.  Don't laugh, I've heard about it all!  But this is the new generation!  Why have two "relationships" so much work.  If you are going to cheat, have one relationship and make the other one easy!  Yes, that is a LOT of sarcasm.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming men more than women here.  I think both are equally at fault.  Well, maybe men commit a bit more here - I would say because they have a greater sex drive.... BUT, women are catching up! 

But really, if you are going to cheat, get the hell out of your relationship.  Don't cause the other person pain, ok?

1 comment:

  1. If you'd like an alternative to randomly picking up girls and trying to figure out the right thing to do...

    If you would prefer to have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in filthy bars and restaurants...

    Then I encourage you to view this eye-opening video to unveil a shocking little secret that can literally get you your personal harem of attractive women:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM...

    ReplyDelete