Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sick! Migraines from Hell!

I suffer from massive migraine's.  The neurologist doesn't know why - I've been through all the tests.  I'm sure it's just a combination of stress and the weird, very humid weather in this part of the world. 

Today, is one of those days where all the conditions are just right and my head feels like it's just about to explode.  Literally, explode.  I take some good meds that the doctor gave me to get rid of these nasty headaches and usually they work like magic.  In fact, as they are working I pretend there are little tiny people in my head using scrub brushes brushing the grubby pain away.  Visualization works!  Anyway, those little people are not working today!  Even my go to of a big Red Bull isn't working.  Did you know that Excedrin is full of caffeine and a lot of caffeine can help get rid of headaches.  Yes, it does work!  Anyway, I'm suffering in silence.  (well, not so silent since I'm complaining here! - you can skip this blog if you don't want to listen!)

Now, you wonder ... why is she writing about her massive headache on a blog about being single?  Well, except me just having a audience to vent to?  There really is a reason!!!  Work with me here. 

I'm sick (in any way, shape or form), and I live alone.  Who is going to help me?  The dogs certainly don't.  In fact - they still need the care they always need - feed, walk, let out.  How about getting me medicine?  Nope, I can't drive to the CVS or pharmacy (especially with a migraine like this where I can't even look into the light!)  How about feeding me?  Nope, I'm SOL. 

I can complain to the dogs how I feel?  What to they do?  Offer me sad puppy dog eyes. 

Now, in my ideal world, I'd have a man that would do all those things.  Go to the pharmacy, take the dogs out, take me to the hospital if need be.  But is that too ideal?  Many people would tell me yes.  Hell, many women wouldn't do that for their man too!  But why ask for less?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment