Wednesday, November 24, 2010

No TV? No Me.

As I do often at night when I'm lonely and bored.  More often the latter.  I peruse the online personals - mostly just to read what kind of crazies there are in this wonderful metro area - and crazies there are.

Tonight, I came across one of the "hobbies" that just stops me in my tracks.  It's not really a hobby, but rather a lack of a hobby. 

When a man says that he is either against television, against cable, thinks television is stupid, or something along those lines - we are just not going to get along.  Yes, I don't care if you are my dream man, if you are the most gorgeous man in the world - yeah, it's just not gonna happen.  I love me some television.  Me, the tivo, netflix, and cablebox all have a love affair going on.  I'll let any man in on it.  In fact I'll gladly let a man in on it.  We love to have company - but if you are going to cut us off - it's just not going to happen. 

I totally understand not watching a lot of tv - I honestly do not consciously watch a lot of shows - but it's on nearly all the time.  My netflix streaming account is very active and my tivo does a great deal of work with it's large collection of shows to record.  Now, I have a couple of shows I will just watch with very little distraction - but mostly I watch tv when I'm doing other things (I'm a bit of a multitasker), but I like it being on!  So if a man is against the television - he's against me!

No comments:

Post a Comment