Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Stupid Couply Jewerly Commercials!

, So, Halloween has passed and you know what that means?  Apparently in the minds of our retail world it's now CHRISTMAS! 

And what does Christmas time mean in the eyes of the retail world?  Commercials Commercials everywhere and all the time.

But what have I noticed the most, especially in the last couple of days?  And that has annoyed me...  All those happy go lucky ... Lovey dovey ... couply people ... men giving their women jewelry for Christmas.  We've all seen the commercials - open scene.  Usually soft focus, woman looking stupid and confused, man tricks her in some way and then presents her with that little jewelry box, women looks shocked when opening the box, kisses man - poof!  "Every Kiss begins with Kay.,..." or the specific jewelry retail outlet's tag line rings out.

So, these commercials ring out at least every commercial break.  Now, how does this make a single girl feel who is nearly 100% likely to be single come 25 December?  Yeah, I bet you can guess - like shit!  Yes, these commercials are on throughout the year (thanks for the constant reminder that we are not having a man proposing to us or not getting the LEO diamond, or not even getting that shared heart pendant - even if it is ugly!).  But come Christmas time, these damn commercials come on all the time, and they are particular "lovely."  And no, I don't want a constant reminder that (1) I'm single and (2) I'm not getting cool jewelry as a Christmas present and my only Christmas presents will be the practical ones from my parents or family (ohh, and don't forget the ugly sweater from that long distant aunt - I can't say that is part of my family - but I hear that happens to other people.)  Ohh, and don't forget - for me, those three monsters that I take care of 24/7 - the dogs...  the only gift I'm getting out of them are ones that come out of the back end... and I'm not doing anything with that other than throwing it immediately away!!!

So, on another note... for all of you out there.  I will accept jewelry as a gift!  Gladly.

1 comment:

  1. If you would like an alternative to randomly flirting with girls and trying to figure out the right thing to say...

    If you would rather have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in noisy bars and night clubs...

    Then I urge you to watch this short video to learn a shocking secret that might get you your own harem of sexy women just 24 hours from now:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM!!!

    ReplyDelete