Saturday, October 2, 2010

Using dating as a "cure" for being poor.

I have a good job, with a decent paycheck.  But unfortunately I have a lot of bills that take a great chunk of paycheck usually sooner than I get it.  Otherwise, the paycheck comes in and it's already gone - poof.  No money.  So, what's a girl to do?  I've made a list. . . Some are practical, some are not.

1. second job?  (humm, I already work between 10-14 hours a day during the week and usually put in about 10-20 hours in during the weekend - I'm a workaholic, sorry!.  I don't think the second job thing will work. 

2. selling craft stuff/ebay "junk". (well, there is a distinct possibility here - I have a lot of crafty stuff I do.  If people can sell crap on etsy that is really "crap" check out http://www.regretsy.com/ I make some stuff that is actually really cute and people might want it! Check out the cool rosette canvas I made for behind the couch - it's actually pretty neat-o)

3. Hooking, or selling myself.  (ok, I've been told it's not really a viable option - but if I'm as good of a bj giver as I've been told, couldn't I sell that and make some serious cash?  Humm, think about it.  But not too seriously - not could get me in trouble!

4.  Use men.  (This is ticket, and the reason I shall write tonight.  Granted, not the "way" I have chosen, but it might just be the funniest and most controversial and we know I love to stir up a little controversy...

So, use men, or use women, or whatever your preference might be.  If you are poor, you need extra money - you don't really need cash - right.  All you really need is some bills taken care of.  How about the basics?  Lets discuss food first.  Yes, food.  Dates are great for food.  I suggest actively start trying to find men, I would think getting online and getting serious about meeting guys for first dates.  Make sure you suggest a higher end place to end where you like the food, and the portions are generous.  And MAKE sure that you don't get caught with the bill.  It's highly important that he doesn't run out on you, and you don't get stuck paying because most likely you wouldn't be able to pay anyway.

Order what you want, and make sure and over order so you can get lunch the next day.  (think of it as a 2 for one deal.   Make sure you suffer through dinner even if you don't like him.  Just think of it as a job and you really are there just for the food.  Score, you have two meals out of one date.  Just think, less money out of your pocket. 

And then keep dating, bonus if he'll take you out again - but make sure you don't keep dating the guy long enough that he wants to start going dutch with the bill - because god knows you are only in this for the food!  Otherwise, keep dating other guys, it's a great cost savings measure! 

Humm, sounds good.  Does anyone want to go out?  I'm thinking steak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment