Saturday, October 9, 2010

I'm bored... entertain me!

I'm a super Type A personality (reforming) and a workaholic (I touched on this back in July in a posting about the Dating Workaholic).  To this end, I can't just what "normal" people would call - relax.  That is a foreign term to me.  When I'm watching tv, I'm not just watching tv - I'm doing at least one (or two or three) other things.  I can't just be on the phone, I'm also doing a couple of other things.  You get the drift.  I guess people might call this ADD (or the correct buzz word of the day - ADHD) - but it's definitely not that.  Because I stick with a task, I can get lost in a task or two for hours upon hours, but I'll be switching back and forth.  Even years - I have folded over 10,000 origami paper cranes while watching tv over the years - from 2002 until now.  I've also taken up knitting and a million other kinds of crafts just to do while I'm watching tv (I like tv).  And I also done hours upon hours of work and homework in front of the tv.

So, it's been a long week (think nearly 70 hours of work plus two homework assignments - yes, I'm in grad school as well!  I told you I don't like being bored!) It's Saturday night and I think I should take a break, right?  I turn on the tv and of course there is nothing on (no one is home on Saturday night - again I touched on the Saturday night date night before).  I don't feel the need to open work (believe me I tried - yes I'm that much of a dork), and I finished the homework earlier in the day (Honestly, I am a horrible procrastinator - if I wait until the last minute - everything is due on Sunday at midnight (it's all online) then I just say fuck it.  Procrastination + me = bad news! SO I always do things early.)  So here I am.  Laying on the couch, dogs passed out on benedryl - there is a reason I didn't just drug them up for my own benefit!  And I'm bored.

When I say that I get bored easily, the first thing I would think about is that I would get bored in a relationship - I wish I could answer that.  I think boys get bored of me first.  Maybe I'm more boring than I think I am.  That's kind of sad.  But then again, I'm often just too busy to just sit down and relax and enjoy life or what's around me. 

But when I get bored, I get a little dangerous.  When I get cabin fever and don't want to do anything around the house... When tv doesn't satisfy me.  Then I turn to the ol' List of Craig.  I'll post an ad.  Although I did last night and I got flagged and removed within 10 minutes!  Apparently someone out there knows my game - bastards!  I really only wanted to chat and I was hoping someone could cure my boredom.  To no avail!  This is also the time that people on my AIM contact lists should watch out.  I might IM you and just say hi - and then ask you to entertain me.  Because I'm bored and I have nothing to say - so I'm putting it all in your lap.  Yes, I'm a lazy bored person and I have nothing to say.  I want you to do all the work.  When I shut down the Type A workaholic and go into boredom  mode it's really on.  All of a sudden I want to be entertained and I fully expect YOU to take care of me.  So, you willing to take the bait?  Can you handle it, because tonight I'm bored damn it... entertain me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment