Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Online dating site for ... VIRGINS.


Yes, it really does exist.  http://www.youandmearepure.com/ is a dating site for virgins and virgins only (I would imagine they highly discourage men who just want to de-virginize "little girls" and I don't know know many, if any girls who want a virgin man)

To sign up you have to "certify" and sign the following statement:
NOTE: THIS IS A SITE FOR VIRGIN PEOPLE ONLY. Dear virgin applicant, DO NOT provide incomplete or false information about yourself when you complete this page to avoid termination of your free Standard Membership. Your personal information will be kept CONFIDENTIAL per our Privacy Policy. Any visitor to our website who is not a virgin but is intimately abstaining, consider joining www.youandiabstain.com . All other non-virgin visitors are welcome to invite their close virgin friends and/or relatives to join our site"

Really?  You are going to call them (and I say them, because I'm certainly not going to count - we've highly established THAT fact!) the virgin applicant - that's just strange.  And it's even stranger that there is also another "branch" of the site called http://www.youandiabstain.com/.  Ohh, but WAIT, as a non-virgin, I can certainly invite my close virgin friends and/or relatives to join the site (now I just find to find one - the only ones I can think of that are still virgins aren't old enough to date - so I wouldn't want them joining any dating site on the internet anyway!!) 

One of the questions they ask cracks my shit up.  The question: I am a virgin, the "possible" answers:
1) 100% - I get that.  No questions here.
2) Less than 100%, but have not had intercourse - umm exactly have YOU done.  Guess that's a question for when the two virgins get together and compare their conquests.  It just makes me think - what exactly "IS" sex :)  You know, is anal sex, sex?  How about the bj?  What really makes a virgin, a virgin - uh ohhh.  Virgin fight! 

But what's even better is that they have a STORE!  And in that store you can become a card carrying V-Card member.  Yes, you can become a card carrying member of the V-card clan.  I love it.  Hilarious.  For $3.50 you can buy the card to the left, the women's version has pink lettering, the male version blue.  Now I can just see someone pulling this out on a date as "proof"  And I'm not sure if this is intentional - but does the picture on the card look like ovaries and penis' - strange.  You can also get the trendy plastic bracelet saying that you are a virgin. 

I imagine the clientele on the website is young idealists (think high school age kids who had abstinence pounded into their head) and wore purity rings.  Thanks Jonas brothers for making that "popular."  You know that won't last forever, or very long after the popularity wears off.  I also see the ultra religious types who see it as God's choice (some day I will tell you about my Christian upbringing and the rest of my family's churchgoing ways - and my not church going ways!).  And lastly, the guys who live in Mom's basement - still at 35 and are a virgin not by choice but by chance.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I respect those who are virgins and wait until they get married or wait until they find someone they truly love.  Blah, blah.  Way to go.  It's not my choice - it just wasn't practical for me (someday I will probably rot in hell for that and every other bad decision I've made, but damn - it's been fun doing it!).  But it cracks me up how every subset of the population has their own online dating website.  If I can't find a man on a dating site for EVERYONE - I can't go to a subset of the population - that would just limit my chances! 

1 comment:

  1. If you'd like an alternative to casually approaching girls and trying to figure out the right thing to say...

    If you would prefer to have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in filthy bars and night clubs...

    Then I encourage you to play this short video to unveil a weird little secret that has the potential to get you your very own harem of beautiful women just 24 hours from now:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM!!!

    ReplyDelete