Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'm freezing, he's hot.

As I sit here today literally freezing cold in the office I'm thinking about how girls are always so much colder than guys.  It's so true.  All the girls in the office literally have their jackets on today, many have been covering up with blankets in their offices (space heaters are a fire hazard you know!)  And sadly, the temp is only 58 degrees outside - it's not even close to being freezing out yet and it's only October.  Now, I can say there are some men that are cold today as well, but usually it's the guys that are making fun of us women for being too cold. 

Personally, I've consumed 3 huge mugs of tea, and I'm currently on my fourth in an attempt to warm up.  I'm wearing a jacket and sitting cross legged in my chair (I'm still cold).  I've considered going home JUST to warm up - but then I'd have to go outside in the misting rain and that just may make it worse.  I'm not usually such a baby, but today I am.

So what's this about women always being so much colder than men?  I'd like to blame it on us being thinner and having less "padding."  But personally, I'm not so lucky.  I have more than enough padding an insulation to keep 2-3 people warm.  So no luck there!  I did a quick internet search and someone presented the idea that men wear more substantial clothing.  Yeah, that would be applicable if he was wearing a suit.  But today I have on dress pants a turtle neck and a fleece jacket.  Most of the guys around here are sporting pants, and a long sleeve shirt - I think I win this one too.  Maybe I'm just cold blooded.

I have some great soup recipes - you know chili and a french onion.  If only I weren't so lazy to cook for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment