Tuesday, September 21, 2010

People Suck.

I used to love the bumper sticker that said, "Mean People Suck."  You know the one - it was awesome - I would have to say it was an 80's/90's thing.  I also have to admit "back then" I was a little bit more naive.  I thought those "mean people" were a small minority.  You know - just the assholes that really did suck.  And maybe the world was a bit nicer place and I did live in a land (the midwest) where it was a little bit nicer.  But damn.  It's not so much now that mean people suck - just that all people suck. 

Usually I reserve this blog for fun dating stories.  But really, who wants to date a bunch of sucky assholes?  I gotta tell you that overall, people suck.  That's men, women, and children.  And I'm not just saying that because I like to watch crime tv (you know the shows - all 20 of the Law & Orders and all their spin offs).  Hell, I think the news is worse than the crime shows these days. 

People ask me why I don't really follow the news all that closely any more?  Do you really need to ask?  Because I'd rather stay in my nice little hole and stay only mildly depressed about my future.  I know enough to do my job and live my life - I don't want to know all about all the additional bs.  Just last week, some asshole SHOT a dog after it got into a fight with another dog - didn't shoot both dogs, just the one with a bad reputation based on it's breed (you guessed it a pitbull).  Not only that, the same weekend, a couple of kids were shot in the same general area.  And that's just the stuff I happen to hear. 

As far as dating, you got the guys that cheat, the guys that steal, how about the dudes that just are assholes.  And that's just the men.  Oh, women are NO picnic either - I have many friends that tell me stories about the women in their lives.  These bitches, take their money, don't do shit, and then are cheating on the side as well. 

It doesn't make dating easy.  How are you supposed to navigate this minefield?  Is it all about just testing the waters and hoping for the best?  Or do we just hide out in the house and become the crazy dog lady (yikes, when does that cross over point happen - someone BETTER tell me because I'm coming crazily close!)

No comments:

Post a Comment