Saturday, September 4, 2010

Flagged and Removed….

And a return to my favorite website…. We haven’t visited Craig’s List in a very long time – which actually saddens me! You know how I love Craig and that list of his!  Last night, I had one of those lonely nights - which is rather ironic considering I was surrounded by dogs.  But in my lonely desperation, I posted yet another ad on Craig's List (CL for us frequent, abet embarrassed users). 

I slaved over this ad, to be posted in the Women for Men (long term relationships) section.  I didn't want it to sound desperate, not looking for a casual hookup thing, and also not wanting to attract the crazies.  In all of my posts before I've gotten all of the above.  I also wasn't in the mood to get a ton of responses to weed through.  So.... after a while, I came up with the following

wow. I just turned 30. I really don't know how that happened. I made some changes after following my 30th birthday. It wasn't just because I turned 30, but because it made for a good turning point.


So, I decided to look for someone to actually date, to have fun with. To look for a long term relationship. Hey, if you can meet them at the bar, you could meet them on Craig's List right? What I'm looking for is simple (or at least I thought was simple), a man aged 27 to 35 or so (I want him to be close to my age, I'm not wanting to jump into marriage - but I'd like that in kids IN THE FUTURE, not right away - if that scares you, then we aren't right for each other), I like a professional man who is intelligent and knows what he wants (he doesn't have to make 6 figures, but I don't want a guy content with the way things are - he's gotta be looking to always better himself).

My second "resolution" was two fold - to have a "do good" initiative. The first part is to go good for humanity. To this end, I am have begun to foster dogs. I am currently foster a mastiff. Add that to my current mastiff and my corgi and I have a busy household! So, you have to at least like dogs, but you really should love dogs - bonus points if you have your own. I have a large yard (1/3 of an acre) so it's great. The other part of the do good initiative is to do good for myself. That part I'm not doing as well at, but I'm trying to get into it! I want to start working out more and watching my diet more.

So if you fit what I'm looking for - lets talk!
Apparently the CL men's community didn't like said ad, and did the worst they could - Flagged and Removed my ad.  Now, this isn't the first time this has happened - I have a history of being Flagged and Removed, the only explanation they give you is tell you that I was in violation of the site guidelines.  Now since when are there site guidelines on CL?  On CL you can literally sell your BODY!  But you can't ask for a man who wants to get married and have children?   Likely it's because I said I need to lose weight, or hell because I was too wordy, or maybe even because i was too serious. 

Who knows - the site cracks me up.  Do you think I'm going to stop - Hell no.  It's an obsession.  It's fun, it's exciting, it's like a drug.  Where else can you post a sentence and get 20 - 50 guys respond in an hour.  You get your pick of who to respond to.  If you wanted you could be anyone you wanted to be (likely they are).

Personally, I like to be me.  I like to take it seriously.  But i know a lot of others don't.   

No comments:

Post a Comment