Monday, September 13, 2010

Insensitive much? OKCupid tells us what "real" white people like.

I just got an email from OKCupid (as many of you know, my latest online personal ad website of choice - granted, I'm not sure why, because my luck has been really shitty as of late.... and we all know it's based on luck).  Anyway, this is the email subject line...

New OkTrends article: The REAL Stuff White People Like. Plus, new matches

Uhh...  Do they really know what they are sending out.  And do the people sending understand what exactly the emphasis on "real" means?  Humm.  As if there are "fake" stuff that white people like, and of course only white people.  Because apparently as humans we have vastly different things we like in people. 

Anyway, the article the are referencing apparently is about the following: What is it that makes a culture unique? How are whites, blacks, Asians, or whoever different from everybody else? What tastes, interests, and concepts define an ethnic group?  We parsed the essay text of a half-million OkCupid profiles to find out.

Honestly, I'm a bit afraid to read it to find out what they say.  Maybe some other day, some other night when I'm a little less scared, and I don't get scared...  The article might have valid points, I'll give it a chance - just not today, today I will make fun of it....

No comments:

Post a Comment