Monday, September 20, 2010

The Best Friend: Girls who play the role.

When you aren't the prettiest, the thinnest or the overall most attractive you are often what they call the "friend."  You know the type.  The girl that all the guys go to for advice and talk to, but rarely has the actual boyfriend.  She's the girl who may be on the chubby side, but has a quick wit and knows how to crack a joke.  Hell there was a whole show written around it this summer season (which I'm sure most of you missed!) called Plain Jane on the CW.  It came on after reruns of America's Next Top Model (I know, I have all of you on the EDGE of your seats...) but it's all about the girl next door, who is a little (or a lot) homely who has a crush on the unattainable guy- poof, they make her over and she's beautiful and she's tries for the man of her dreams.  I was actually surprised, they didn't always chose the girls who were actually gorgeous under drab clothes and bad hair, there were some girls that under a little polish were only a solid 6/7 - but hey the guys they were going after were any prizes either. 

So often us "average" girls get caught in this "Friend Zone" with guys.  Not that I have anything wrong with friends - are you kidding?  I would much rather have friends that are guys.  Girls are just bitches and as friends they can just be even more bitchy.  I cannot even tell you the issues I've had with "girl" friends (FYI, I hate that term, always makes me think of the gay connotation)... And let me tell you, if I had the choice, I'd chose all my friends to be men, granted, I do have an issue with keeping my hands off men sometimes (but only when both of us are single!) so that could get ugly. 

OK, what exactly was I talking about here.  I'm apparently all over the place today, and for that I apologize.  I should think these blogs through and actually have some kind of writing process - but it's so much better for you to get a stream of consciousness and actually get my thought process - that way you get my strange aside thoughts and not the "proper" grammar speak that would happen if I actually wrote correctly and then proofread.  The only thing I do for you is run a spell check so you all will understand me!  And trust me, you would not be able to read if I didn't.

Anyway, not all of the man-friends (as we shall refer to them for the remainder of this) are those that the girl in question lusts after.  In fact, I would say most often man-friends are just that - FRIENDS.  Just like any other friend, a man-friend is just another person in the social circle, a person to have fun with, to talk to.  But you know what gets damn frustrating is when we hear about the bitchy ass women who treat you like shit.  And there are a lot of women out there that do.  Women overall are bad creatures.  Often women just hate other woman just because they are one of our own.  Now imagine what it's time when one of these evil creatures hurts our own family (friend) member.  Yeah, it's not good.  Now, imagine if that friend is someone we "lust after"  we are liable to go all exorcist.  Now that shit is crazy. 

But you know who would make the best girlfriend around?  The one who knows you best - that friend who is always there for you.,...

No comments:

Post a Comment