Sunday, September 26, 2010

With "Erotic Services Gone" on CL - they've gotten creative!

So, as I posted before, my favorite website - the ol' List of Craig had to remove the Erotic Services board.  But as I predicted, they wouldn't be gone for long!  I found this link (wait, I'm no sealer - one of my "fans" did and posted it on her page!) and I had to steal it (ok, maybe I'm a bit of a thief.  But collegehumor.com David Siegel scoured Craig's List and found the "Sketchy Craig's List Ads Posted after They Got Red of the Erotic Services Section."  And while, you know I'd love to take credit for finding these - I don't get paid for writing this and I don't have this kind of time, so I'll just repost this and comment on it, it's apparently what I do best!

ASIAN STUDIO APARTMENT

Ohh, a "petite" studio available for "Men, women, or adventurous couples"  With a double jointed lease, and backdoor access, but no "weird stuff."  Although, maybe I'm weird...  but the train comment is a little off.  Ohh, wait...  maybe not.  Humm.  That one just doesn't work.  This one is pretty good.  Nice use of descriptive terms and double meanings - but she could have been a bit more descriptive and a little more creative, don't you think? 

GEO PRIZM

Not bad.  Although, I gotta say I'm not 100% sure this is an erotic ad.  You know there are people out there that this might be true - they might just be renting out these cars (they are weird people out there) Grantes, maybe I'm just a bit too trusting of people and think there is good in everyone.  But I like this one as well, especially the last line "Hot wax treatment available upon request" I wonder what's the up charge on that one?  Or does it come with the deal?  You know, do they have to charge based on the ad because if you are renting out a 1994 Geo Prizm that doesn't have the same pull as say a 1994 Audi or even a 1994 Chevy - right?  Maybe they should have aimed higher.  Granted, maybe their girls aren't of the highest quality - they do say they are "fully refurbished" but even at fully refurbished a Geo Prizm isn't all that great - so lets be honest guys, you are getting what you pay for, and I wouldn't expect much.  As far as purring all night, it might be more of a purrr, putt putt, sputter sputter, purr, sputter, bitch, bitch.  You might be better off with your wife.  At least she just rolls over and goes to bed. 

"PROFESSIONAL" ACCOUNTANT
First off let me say that you had SUCH an opportunity and you blew it (maybe literally) with that picture dude...  You could have grabbed a much better clip art with the books and pencil much better "artfully" arranged to get your point across, if you catch my drift?  If not, maybe you really shouldn't be posting this... Bonus points for your emphasis on key words, ROCK, and MULTIPLE.  Especially key on your "Big Black" physique and likely attached equipment (just a guess).  Although, negative points for including a term that not even I have heard of - Sarbanes - Oxley provisions?  I'm a pretty bright woman, and if I have to google something to get it, you are barking up the wrong tree - lets be honest - the Craig's List clientele isn't the smartest.  Work on it. 

AMBULANCE CHASER/CUMDUMPSTER
Ok, dude/dudettes.  You have to decide.  You going to play it sneaky or are you going to go straight out - and stick with it.  Putting "CUMpensation" in the title, but also trying to make it a legal ad really isn't doing it.  Try again! 

REALLY SNEAKY COLLECTIBLE AD
This one is going to the extreme and obviously doesn't want to get caught!  And I really hope he/she knows what he/she is looking for.  I can only assume it's a man trying to find some woman.  But really, what is he looking for.  Geez, while this one is sneaking - it could get any response!  Anything.  Even some kid looking for this baseball.  Hell, wait is there even a Whitey Ford?  Maybe I should check that.  Phew, thanks Wiki, he does exist!  So Mr. Whitey Baseball - what do you really want.  You are a little too generic.  But good effort - I applaud, and I'm very interested in what you got as responses - men, women, small children, people actually looking for the ball to buy it, or people looking to do dirty things with the ball (there are strange people out there - you never know!)

BABY FETISH!
Ahh, LOVE these.  I've seen enough shows on this baby fetish that it cracks my shit up.  Men and women in big diapers drinking baby bottles - awesome.  Fetishes are strange but I find them fastening in a strange weird way and this one is so bizarre that I just can't get enough (yeah, never go there, but I like to know why people do! And of course make fun of them relentlessly behind their back or watch them make fools of them on tv).  So far, gotta say this is an excellent ad.  Straight to the point, but not too obvious.  Especially like the celebrity endorsement (even if it's probably false and highly slanderous - who cares - this is Craig's List and it's AWESOME!) 

TV for sale.
Save the best for last.  This shit is GOOD.  take an ordinary object, make it sexy.  Perfect.  Perfect use of descriptive for a television and making it dirty - just the way I like it.  A+ . 

1 comment:

  1. Register with EverydayFamily now and you will get stage by stage pregnancy and baby newsletters, offers and weekly coupon alerts as well as free baby samples, baby coupons, baby magazines & much more.

    New Members are Entered to Win Free Diapers for a Entire Year!

    ReplyDelete