Monday, September 27, 2010

That one moment... a decision that altered the course of your life.

Do you have that moment?  The one where you made a decision - no matter how small or large that you think altered the course of your life? 

It could be something really stupid like choosing to take a left instead of a right and avoiding the biggest accident of your life.  Or something as big as saying yes to the man you married (only to find out he was sleeping with your best friend - yeah, not all decisions are good ones!) 

I haven't shared this with many people - but I have one myself, and I'm damn glad I made the decision I did!  Damn glad, let me tell you - because my present would be a very different (and not so pleasant) present. 

Rewind to High School, and sadly that's a lot of rewinding for me these days.  I was a bit of a nerd, but even us nerds have boyfriends, ok?  And long term ones too - like nearly all four years.  To make a long story very short, girl nerd gets a bit tired of being boy nerd's play toy and is not so happy with being bossed around (girl nerd isn't the confident type she is today!).  Girl nerd dumps boy nerds ass, and boy nerd is not happy.  But as fate would have it, boy nerd has decided to "follow" girl nerd to her college of choice - gasp!

First couple of weeks of school and nerd boy gets really lonely.  aww, sad!  And nerd girl is a bit weak as girls can be, especially away from home for the first time.  How about coming over to my room for a movie nerd boy offers.  Nerd girl accepts.  The movie... Great Expectations.  Uh ohh.  Nerd boy had planned this!  The movie of their "great love"  Nerd girl gets weak, but she stays strong enough to not sleep with nerd boy. 

At the time, it doesn't seem all that important, right?  But in retrospect it is!  I could have just ended up with nerdboy, turning into nerd man.  Stayed in the midwest, never got to experience the big city life.  Been settled down with the kids and everything by now.  What fun is that?  I sure wouldn't have experienced the craziness I've experienced to date.

And you know what would have been the absolute worst thing - I would still think sex was HORRIBLE!  Yes, that would be the #1 worst thing. Thank you God for steering me in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment