Wednesday, September 29, 2010

But... they really do love us!

So yesterday the men didn't like us single women as I blogged about the 5 Things that Men don't like about Single girls.  But we all know that those guys can't hate everything about us!  They really do love us.  So how about a list of the 10 Things Men LOVE about Women.  Yes 10, lets favor the things that men love about us.  I want to be positive, right?  No one wants to think that men hate more than they love, right?  Certainly not me, damn it...

1. You're soft and smell good. Nick, a "marketing assistant"  (umm, what the hell is a marketing assistant and why is he still that at 29?)  interviewed for this article says "I love how women smell. It's this amazing combination of shampoo, perfume, and whatever girly soap, body wash stuff you guys use in the shower. Women smell amazing. Almost all the time." and Andrew, a college student say, "Women are always so soft. I love their stomachs—not being overly toned is good—and resting my head on their breasts." I hope men know that women aren't just "born" soft - well, babies are born soft - but women take care of their skin and keep it soft.  It's lotions and potions and all that stuff we slather on our bodies every day (well some of us).  Men naturally do the more "manly" stuff that makes their skin rougher - you know manual labor - lifting shit up, and naturally roughing up their skin (which personally I think is extremely hot - any man with too soft of hands or skin just isn't going to cut it with me, he better know how to take care of his nails and such, but if his skin is "girly" soft he better just keep looking for another girl)

2. Your maternal.  "I love how women have these maternal instincts. They're so much more warm and caring then your male friends. Oh, and if you cook for us we'll love you forever." Brian, 32, teacher.  Ok, first off - NOT all women are maternal.  There are some women out there that are the furthest thing from it, but I will tell you, overall this is a great trait of most women I know.  They want to take care of you (even other girls as friends), cook for you, clean (humm, this is the trait that I'm not so good at), and just in general love you.  Of course, the loving part often scares the shit out of men. 

3.  Bikinis  "Why do men love women? One word: Bikinis! All women just look so good in them, no matter how out of shape or fat you complain about feeling." Mark, 31, waiter  Hey, Mark.  I call bullshit on this one.  You men are EXTREMELY critical of women in bikinis, if she's got a couple extra pounds you don't like to see her in a bikini.  You'll like her out of the bikini and you'll fuck her, but you probably won't tell your friends.  Overweight girls are no-no's in your book - unless you are desperate, drunk or just needing a good fuck. 

4. You're a good listener. "I'd much rather talk to a female friend when I have a super huge emotional problem to solve. I get the sense they listen more than any of my guy friends and offer so much better insight." Alex, 24, accountant.  Very fair.  Women are good listeners.  Men get distracted - ohh shiny object.  Now, I'm not calling men dogs here - but imagine the dog in the movie Up.  He's having a conversation and all of a sudden... SQUIRREL.  That's what I think of when I think of men (and actually some women as well). 

5. You're good at expressing yourself. "Sometimes you think we don't care because we don't sit there like your girlfriends and chat with you about how happy we are to have met you—but that isn't the case. We have a hard time expressing ourselves! You ladies take it for granted how easily words come to you. I'm jealous." Omar, 35, photographer  I'm a bit surprised this is one of the things that men love about men.  I would say women might be a bit too good at expressing themselves.  Women love to talk, and talk, and talk.  I gotta tell you, even I would get annoyed at how much I talk.  We like to talk things to death.  I would tell us to shut the hell up and wrap it up and really just shorten it up.  Our "expressing ourselves" doesn't have to be so lengthy and filled with emotions.  Get the point out and we'll move on.

6. Spooning. "A woman's body just fits so perfectly into yours at night. Spooning is so underrated." Aaron, 37, school administrator. YES, I love this too.  I don't need to say anything more.  Who wants to be my big spoon?

7.You aren't afraid to cry. "I have to admit—sometimes I'm envious at how women are allowed to show all their emotions whenever they want. Men want to cry, or blame a bad mood on PMS or act like a baby, but we swallow it up and act macho. It's exhausting." Will, 23, administrative assistant.  You know, a lot of things on this list really do surprise me.  I would think a lot of these things would piss men off.  Men don't necessarily like crying girls (or at least I thought) but here I find out in a very scientific study (or so it seems) that men appreciate our ability to cry.  Now, I will tell you - I used to be a much more prolific crier.  But these days I only cry when something seriously bothers me and it's a huge release - I highly recommend it.

8. Hips. "A woman's body has so much personality! God, just watching a woman walk down the street is so much more interesting than watching a man. It's all in the hips. The bodies are just so much more beautiful."  Jason, 27, writer.  While I'm not a women -lover (otherwise known as a lesbian) I can highly appreciate a woman's form - and girls they are pretty. 

9. High heels. "Nothing makes legs look better then a sexy pair of heels. We all love them—even if it does make you a few inches taller than us. Oh, but just remember to bring some flats in your bag for the end of the night. It's annoying to hear you obsessively complain." Frederic, 27, filmmaker   Oh yeah.  I love me some heels, Love, Love, Love.  I have dated (abet briefly) a couple of guys who had minor to hardcore foot and shoe fetishes.  Let me tell you that shit is FUN.  Nothing like modeling all your fancy shoes (and when I say fancy I'm talking about all my TJ Maxx purchases under $50). and letting him get turned on by them.  Ahh, I do love this one.  And any sane guy worth his weight in shoes does love you in your heels. 

10. You look so good in sweatpants. "We like it when you're dressed to the nines for a night out as much as the next person, but there's something super sexy when you're dressed down with no makeup. Bonus point if you're sweating and in your gym clothes."  Darryl, 40, bartender  Really? I've seen a lot of unattractive sweatpants.  This one is still up in the air.

1 comment:

  1. If you would like an alternative to randomly approaching girls and trying to find out the right thing to do...

    If you'd prefer to have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in filthy bars and night clubs...

    Then I encourage you to view this short video to learn a weird secret that has the potential to get you your personal harem of attractive women just 24 hours from now:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM!!!

    ReplyDelete