Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Whaaa! Why men don't like me.... or other single women (but who cares about them!)

I like to think I'm a strong woman.  You know the type who doesn't need a man, and would burn her bra if I didn't need it so badly.  But deep down, it's all a bit of a lie.  I have a weakness for that creature we call a man - a serious weakness.  I love men.  And I want one, desperately (wait, desperately would probably be the wrong word, because that sounds a bit too stalkerish!)  I would like a man to share my life, and I often wonder why I seem to have bad luck with the gender with the ol' stick and balls.  So I found another article (amazing what kind of crap you can find on the Internet - be it true, false, or just plain funny!).  So, lets look at 5 Things Men Don't Like about Single Women

1. Flakiness. Women are flakey (is that really a word).  They don't return phone calls, texts, emails, change plans, are late, and don't do what they say they are going to do.  I get this.  No one wants a person that doesn't keep plans or keeps someone waiting.  But here I thought that a girl who is too "available" is a turn off.  How much I know!  So what's the happy medium, are you always available, never available or only available 50% or the the time?  I need a ratio here! 

2. Over-the-top independence.  Women have become extremely independent and have created their lives so that they don't need a man, so that when one comes along they don't have any time for them.  Wait just a goll darn minute.  First we were supposed to get independent, now we are too independent.  Damn it!  I can't win.  But I have to tell you, I understand this one exactly.  While I've never been outright rejected for having too much independence, I have on many occasions had a guy turn from very interested to not at all when I told him I was middle management at work and owned my own house and wasn't really needing his support to get along.  It was like all of a sudden I intimidated him or he didn't see me as a viable "project" anymore.  Granted, personally I wouldn't want a guy that felt like he had to overpower me - but damn... really, women have to be weaker to get a man?  I don't think I like that, don't like that at all.

3. Your biological clock. Women who are constantly worried about where the relationship is going and can't enjoy the relationship are are turn off.  Guilty as charged.  Hate to admit it.  While I don't have the child biological clock going, I think many of us when we get older don't want to fool around in a just "fun" relationship anymore.  While that was fun in our 20's - just having a relationship for fun isn't all that fun anymore.  Now we want to see a future in it - so I want to make that declaration up front - as scary as it is.  And let me tell you guys run when I say that I'd like to only date him if he's ready for a long term relationship if it could go there, but it doesn't necessarily have to (Then again, maybe that's why I'm single and a really shitty dater.  Humm)

4. Clamoring for a nice guy, but dating bad boys. Looking for a "good guy" but actually dating the asshole, men say that women themselves are to blame because they keep dating the jerks themselves.  I've seen this many times!  Girls bitch and bitch about not ever finding nice guys, but then they go out and find the jerks and date them.  Really, if you want a nice guy - go find them.  They are actually everywhere, but you aren't going to find them out clubbing at the motorcycle bar - go to the right place.  And don't bitch when you can't find them if you are going to the wrong place. 

5. …And your little dog, too. Treating your dog  (specifically little dogs) like a boyfriend or a child and talking about them constantly drives them crazy.  Oh shit.  I'm screwed here.  I love my dogs, and I treat them like kids.  Basically, I don't have small dogs - but I treat them like kids, no man is every going to like.  All I can hope is that he likes dogs!

1 comment:

  1. If you would like an alternative to casually picking up girls and trying to figure out the right thing to do...

    If you would rather have women hit on YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded pubs and nightclubs...

    Then I encourage you to view this short video to learn a shocking little secret that has the power to get you your own harem of sexy women just 24 hours from now:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM!!!

    ReplyDelete